How to find the right music for your moves12:0AM, Jan 1, 0001
Over the past 28 years, Professor Peter Terry, a leading sports psychologist at the University of Southern Queensland has worked with Olympic class athletes to ascertain the impact of music on their training regime.
Here are the doc's recommendations for finding the best music for your moves:
- Match the music to the activity you are undertaking and the psychological effect you want to experience - eg loud, fast, rhythmical, bass-driven music is great for psyching yourself up before interval training
- Consider the intensity of the activity. Generally speaking, you will need faster music if you are running at a faster pace
- Consider music that creates motivating images in your mind. It may be used to associate with popular culture such as iconic films, or personal memories
- Match the tempo of the music to your expected heart rate during your training session
- Choose music that contains positive affirmations of running such as 'keep on running' or 'work your body'. Positive statements such as 'moving on up' or 'I believe' can also have a motivating effect.
Sports water Mizone have taken Professor Terry's findings and created four exclusive tracks to designed to up your workout. Hook N Sling, New Navy, Jono Ma and Nick Wales have put together a mix of electro, percussion and indie tracks for literally every body. You can download these four motivating tracks for free with the purchase of any Mizone promo bottle.
health & lifestyle articles
Cosmo Team Blog
The reactions shocked me.
Here’s a list of beauty apps I love and use.
It must be, cos these moments were HILARIOUS
Well, look at that! We're on Snapchat! Give us a follow... you won't regret it. 👻
Sundays just got a whole lot cooler with Vivid-inspired cocktails at the @glassbrasserie in @hiltonsydney 💃🍸#eatdrinkhilton
Life's a beach on location with Bras N Things ☀️🌴#castawayisland #wishyouwerehere
Saturday night out calls for red lips to kill, right? 💄💋
Legit Friday night feels. Come on, 5pm! 🕔 rg @cosmopolitanuk #FriYay
It's pay-day tomorrow and we've pretty much spent it all already but can you blame us?! 🙊
It's #WeddingWednesday and we are still dreaming of the finale gown from the @steven_khalil #MBFWA show last week 🙌🏽 rg @cosmobride
Happy 2 year anniversary to Mr and Mrs West! 💑 @kimkardashian
There's so much more to it than just "dry skin" or "oily skin." Find out more in this month's issue of Cosmo Mag featuring Tash Oakley on the cover 💕
Happy Man Crush Monday ❤️ from this guy ⬆️👌🏼#mcm