How to find the right music for your moves12:0AM, Jan 1, 0001
Over the past 28 years, Professor Peter Terry, a leading sports psychologist at the University of Southern Queensland has worked with Olympic class athletes to ascertain the impact of music on their training regime.
Here are the doc's recommendations for finding the best music for your moves:
- Match the music to the activity you are undertaking and the psychological effect you want to experience - eg loud, fast, rhythmical, bass-driven music is great for psyching yourself up before interval training
- Consider the intensity of the activity. Generally speaking, you will need faster music if you are running at a faster pace
- Consider music that creates motivating images in your mind. It may be used to associate with popular culture such as iconic films, or personal memories
- Match the tempo of the music to your expected heart rate during your training session
- Choose music that contains positive affirmations of running such as 'keep on running' or 'work your body'. Positive statements such as 'moving on up' or 'I believe' can also have a motivating effect.
Sports water Mizone have taken Professor Terry's findings and created four exclusive tracks to designed to up your workout. Hook N Sling, New Navy, Jono Ma and Nick Wales have put together a mix of electro, percussion and indie tracks for literally every body. You can download these four motivating tracks for free with the purchase of any Mizone promo bottle.
health & lifestyle articles
Cosmo Team Blog
12:08PM, May 19
Here’s a list of beauty apps I love and use.
1:48AM, May 7
It must be, cos these moments were HILARIOUS
3:12AM, Apr 29
Just read this instead.
Heading out tonight? Make sure your makeup suits your hairstyle by checking out our guide in the latest issue, on stands now💄
Ultimate 🐶 squad for National Pet Adoption Day! Head to our site for info about bringing a furry friend into your home ❤️
Friday night cocktail inspo: Combine 44ml of Avion Añejo tequila, 44ml cranberry juice, 44ml of orange liqueur, and agave nectar to taste in a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain over ice. Garnish with sugared cranberries. Cheers 🍹#tgif
We’re sneaking into the weekend already. ShhHhhHh…👟
Get your samples of our favourite beauty and lifestyle buys just like these, by subscribing to The Cosmopolitan Edit. A quarterly gift box plus a year’s subscription to Cosmo! This is a limited offer so visit www.magshop.com.au/cosmo and enter the code H1601CSB💅🏽💄
Donut mess with the marble mani🍩💅🏽 #rg @cosmopolitan
Seriously😴 #rg @cosmopolitan
Pool Goals ☀️🌊💦
When you’re at work but all you can think about is how you’re going to slay on the dance floor tonight 😏💃🏻#rg @cosmopolitan
Meet the new plastic fantastics💁🏼 Read all about Barbie's incredible makeover on our website RN. Head to www.cosmopolitan.com.au