How to find the right music for your moves12:0AM, Jan 1, 0001
Over the past 28 years, Professor Peter Terry, a leading sports psychologist at the University of Southern Queensland has worked with Olympic class athletes to ascertain the impact of music on their training regime.
Here are the doc's recommendations for finding the best music for your moves:
- Match the music to the activity you are undertaking and the psychological effect you want to experience - eg loud, fast, rhythmical, bass-driven music is great for psyching yourself up before interval training
- Consider the intensity of the activity. Generally speaking, you will need faster music if you are running at a faster pace
- Consider music that creates motivating images in your mind. It may be used to associate with popular culture such as iconic films, or personal memories
- Match the tempo of the music to your expected heart rate during your training session
- Choose music that contains positive affirmations of running such as 'keep on running' or 'work your body'. Positive statements such as 'moving on up' or 'I believe' can also have a motivating effect.
Sports water Mizone have taken Professor Terry's findings and created four exclusive tracks to designed to up your workout. Hook N Sling, New Navy, Jono Ma and Nick Wales have put together a mix of electro, percussion and indie tracks for literally every body. You can download these four motivating tracks for free with the purchase of any Mizone promo bottle.
health & lifestyle articles
Cosmo Team Blog
The reactions shocked me.
Here’s a list of beauty apps I love and use.
It must be, cos these moments were HILARIOUS
Red lips are the *~UlTiMaTe*~ Saturday night accessory ❤️💋
Smokin' hot BTS shot from Myer's Runway Weekend 🔥🔥#runwayweekend2016
Loving this dynamite look from the first day of Myer Sydney's #runwayweekend2016 💥👌
Chocolate ruined forever tbh.
We're calling it: doughnut walls are this year's BEST wedding trend. 🍩🍩 Your guests will go (dough)nuts for it. Hit the link in our bio for more.
Happy National Dog Day! 🐶 Best. Friday. Ever.
So, Audrina Patridge and her partner welcomed their first bub, Kirra Max Bohan, into the world back in June. And the pics are *finally* here! 😍 (Just LOOK at those cheeks.) Hit the link in our bio for more ovary exploding happy snaps. 💕💕💕
So this delish @sydneysmashcakes just arrived at the Cosmo office thanks to @manicareaus and @sweatybettypr 😍😍
Just Sam Frost being a total ~*KwEeN*~ 👑 @fro01
This picture of Tom Hiddleston and Chris Hemsworth – AKA #Hiddlesworth – visiting sick kids at Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital warms our hearts.💕😍 Click the link in our bio to read more about their visit. #rg @twhiddleston