1. You can tell them about your dirty dreams
Not sure the other half would appreciate that you now have an inappropriate crush on that weird guy from work because he was amazing at kissing in your dream last night.
2. They understand (and share) your obsession with TV shows/characters.
For some UNFATHOMABLE reason your boyfriend just doesn't get why you love Lorelei from Gilmore Girls or Jax from Sons of Anarchy so much.
3. You can share clothes with girlfriends.
Double the wardrobe, half the price.
4. They're better shopping partners
They'll be totally honest if something is really unflattering, and even pick out the PERFECT things for you that you wouldn't ever consider for yourself - boyfriends just moan and look for a place to sit down. Plus, whatever they buy is automatically yours (see point 3).
5. Your social media interactions are much more fun
You can't really tag your boyfriend into a @manbunmonday Instagram photo now can you?
6. They've seen you at your worst and still love you
Your man might THINK he's seen you in some appalling states, but it'll never compare to what the girls have seen.
7. You have #nofilter with them
Digestion issues, ingrown hairs on your bikini line, tampon mishaps – no embarrassing problem is off limits.
8. You can talk for hours about nothing and they don't get bored.
Well, if you consider "finding exactly the right conditioner for your hair type so it doesn't look limp and boring" nothing like most boyfs do. But your best mate most certainly does NOT, and that's why they're your best mate.
9. They know the ins and out of your sexual history
The true version.
10. They have an encyclopedic knowledge of your wardrobe
"You really don't need ANOTHER floral kimono."
11. When they pay you compliments it's not because they want to have sex with you
It's because you genuinely do look amazing.
12. They'll never say no to a pampering session
Massages at the spa, pedicures in your bathroom, they're always game.
13. They always have backup girl supplies
Eyeliner, tampons, tweezers. Boyfriends carry nothing useful on their person.
14. You don't have to try to impress their parents
But their parents love you as much as if you were one of their real kids.
15. You're allowed to fancy their dad/brother/male cousins
It we were talking about your boyfriend's family, it would just be creepy.
16. You can just turn up at their doorsteps unannounced
And go inside if they're not home. You have a spare key (and know where theirs is hidden if you forgot it), after all.
17. They never think you're needy
Even when you want to talk about how convinced you are that your boss doesn't like for the 100th time.
18. You can send them really ugly selfies
Forget the cloud, you'd be far more horrified if anyone saw your gross "I woke up like this" Snapchats with your mate.
19. They'll always share their fries with you.
It's the ultimate act of true love.
Via: Cosmopolitan US