1. Have sex. Sex begets sex. Sometimes you won't be in the mood when your partner is, but ask them to spend a little extra time on foreplay and you'll get into it and it'll be great. Plus, it will remind you how turned on you are by each other.
2. Never make fun of your partner's desires. Even if you and your partner are always cracking each other up because you're just so weird together LOLOL, everyone's sensitive about how they bone. Great sex is about having confidence and the best couples are each other's number-one fans in all regards. If you have a problem, be straight and earnest about it, and if you just want to tease him about how he said he wants to have sex in a high school cafetorium in bed last night, keep it to yourself. No one likes to feel judged.
3. You're never too busy for sex. We're all so busy. Healthy couples make time for sex even if it means setting your alarm half an hour earlier for a morning session. Middle of the night sex counts too.
4. Masturbating is crucial. Give your partner the time and privacy to masturbate, and experiment with yourself. This is especially helpful if you're nervous to try something new; slap some nipple clamps on while you masturbate and see if you really like it before bringing them up to your partner. Or, you know, whatever you're into.
5. Have twice as much sex on vacation. Or three times as much. Just so much. The Grand Canyon was fine but those orgasms were amazing.
6. Have spontaneous sex. Get into your partner's morning shower. Jump his bones as soon as you get home from work. If she tries to initiate while you're watching the playoffs, just go with it. It gives you an adrenaline rush without getting kinky.
7. Sex doesn't have to be kinky to be good. Couples who brag about how wild and amazing their sex lives are? They're exaggerating. The best sex lives have nothing to do with how wild they are and everything to do with how nonjudgmental and honest they are. Just because everyone's all Fifty Shades of Grey right now doesn't mean you have to be obsessed with BDSM, but if you bust out some Ben Wa balls, you'll have a lot more fun with someone who rolls with it than with someone who makes fun of you for it.
8. Have sex more than once a day sometimes. It's Saturday!
9. Don't wait till bedtime to have sex. Making sex time also the time you're the most exhausted and have your mouth guard in does not make for a very great sex life. Mix it up! Start the fire right after work or in the morning (after you brush your teeth) or during the rose ceremony while you're watching The Bachelor.
10. Lingerie isn't necessary, but it can still be fun once in a while. Yes, he probably just wants to see you naked. But lingerie has the added benefit of making you feel like Beyoncé and strutting around with that level of confidence is a turn-on, if a little itchy.
11. Try. New. Things. Make a habit of bringing up sex things you'd like to try regularly and casually. You don't have to make it Your Thing, just give it a shot. Best case scenario, you both love it. Worst case scenario, it goes in the "never do again, nope, Nope, NOPE" category. Funniest scenario, you end up cracking up on the floor when it goes awry.
12. Never pressure your partner to do something they don't want to do. Being a little nervous but excited about trying anal sex is very different from definitely not wanting to try anal but feeling like you have to please your partner. Verbally confirm that they actually want to do something before you try it, and make sure they know you'll be happy even if they don't want to.
13. Don't take it personally if your partner isn't in the mood one night. If it happens a lot then there might be a bigger issue to deal with, but sometimes one person just isn't up to it and it's not worth a fight.
14. Welcome feedback. It's one thing if your partner's a dickwad about it, but if they offer you constructive feedback on something you're doing in bed, take it. Sulking after he asks you to play with his balls won't make either of you any happier. Playing with his balls will.
15. Love your body. Easier said than done, obviously, but the best way to have an amazing sex life is to feel amazing about yourself during sex.