Subscribe and save
Subscribe to Cosmopolitan and get three issues for just $6!Order now >
1. Your breasts can swell up to 25 per cent when you’re aroused, making them super-sensitive.
2. It’s possible for a guy to orgasm and not ejaculate. So if you don’t see any, uh, evidence, that doesn’t mean he’s faking it.
3. The average speed of a guy’s ejaculation is 45km/h. Wow.
4. Nerve endings in the clitoris extend out to the mons pubis (where your pubic hair grows), which is why grinding against your guy feels so good.
5. Not only does it feel amazing – your orgasm also has other things going for it. It releases endorphins, which are natural painkillers, and oxytocin, which makes you feel more connected with your man.
6. The largest penis in the world currently measures 23cm flaccid and 34cm erect. The owner, who lives in New York, claims he was stopped by airport security on one occasion because the officials were suspicious of his bulge.
7. Nipple stimulation activates the same part of the brain as clitoral, vaginal and cervical stimulation – so engaging all of them at once makes for a whole lot of fun.
8. According to a recent poll, swimmers and footballers are the athletes most likely to get women all hot and bothered.
The three foods women would choose over sex:
12. Amp up his pleasure by stroking his inner thighs during oral. Because this area is close to his genitals, the extra flow of blood will heighten his sensations.
13. Apparently, Australian women fake more than just their hair colour: 62 per cent have faked an orgasm^!
14. Thrusting flexes your pelvic-floor muscles, which triggers orgasmic spasms.
15. The typical female orgasm lasts 25 seconds.
16. The top of the breast is most sensitive, the bottom of the breast is least sensitive.
17. The clitoris has about 8000 nerve endings…
18. … and it doesn’t stop growing. By age 32, your clitoris is four times larger than it was at puberty.
19. Research shows that men who have sex within a relationship report greater pleasure than guys who have no-strings-attached sex.
20. Just 43 per cent of Australians want sex three to six times a week.
21. Sex three to five times a week can prevent erectile dysfunction, as it keeps his package in shape.
22. The National Bureau of Economic Research in the US found that having sex often can make you feel as happy as earning an extra $100,000 a year does.
23. Apply a minty lip balm before kissing – it will send tingles to his package.
24. Women can have wet dreams too. It happens in the REM cycle (about 90 minutes into your sleep), when blood flow to the vagina increases.
25. You are more likely to orgasm if your feet are warm.
26. A quick way to get in the mood: hug your guy for 30 seconds. Cuddling boosts oxytocin (aka the bonding hormone) and libido.
27. His relationship happiness is related to how often he is touched by his girl. So grab away.
28. A woman’s odds of climaxing increase as she ages.
29. Fourteen per cent of women have experienced a “zone orgasm”, which happens when a part of the body other than the boobs or vagina is stimulated.
30. A guy whose GF hangs out with his mates too much is 92 per cent more likely to have difficulty getting erect, because he feels emasculated.
31. Eating celery while with your man? You may want to jump him – the veg releases odours that make you horny.
People in Australia have sex in the park more often than people in other countries.
32. Sex during your period can ease menstrual cramps.
33. If he’s close to climaxing, buy some time by squeezing the head of his penis.
34. Scientists found that fruit flies deprived of sex drink more booze than those allowed to mate.
35. Studies show that sex can boost your immune system.
36. Touching the sides of his torso triggers a nerve that makes his erection harder.
37. Semen can keep your smile looking gorgeous. It contains zinc and calcium that fight tooth decay.
38. Sprinkling salt on your tongue before oral may help lessen your gag reflex.
39. Most twentysomethings have sex 112 times a year.
40. Making out burns about 20 kilojoules a minute.
41. When you kiss someone, you exchange hormonal and health info. It’s nature’s way of allowing you to assess if you click sexually.
42. Compliments in bed make you more likely to O.
43. Fifty per cent of women say bad sex is a relationship deal breaker, but only 44 per cent of guys agree.
44. Women with a more prominent upper-lip tubercle (the puffy spot) have greater odds of having an orgasm.
45. When a guy touches you, your body temp rises three times more than when a woman touches you.
46. Core-gasms do exist. In a recent study, 51 per cent of women reported having an O during an ab exercise…
47. … and it’s not just for crunches: 20 per cent said they’ve experienced orgasm while practising yoga.
48. Your temperature rises the most when he touches your chest or face (as opposed to your arms or hands).
49. Men can have multiple orgasms, too. Simply pleasure his goods after he’s climaxed.
50. Sex can actually blow your mind: transient amnesia (temporary memory loss) can be triggered by wild sex.
51. Men think about sex around 19 times a day.
52. Women? Ten times.
53. People in Australia have sex in the park more often than people in other countries.
54. Research shows that his fantasies will focus more on your pleasure than your fantasies focus on his.
55. Foreplay stimulates an area of the brain called the hippocampus, which is also responsible for memory.
56. The more masculine-looking a guy is, the more times you’ll orgasm.
57. The most orgasmic sex for women: solo. Second place: oral. Third place: P-in-V.
58. Don’t hold your breath during sex: the more oxygen that gets to your genitals, the more aroused you’ll be.
59. Morning wood isn’t because he wants sex. Blood flows to his penis when he’s asleep, causing an erection.
60. In Australia, 22 per cent of women have had sex with someone out of sympathy.
61. Before sex, the lower part of your vagina narrows for a better grip on his penis.
62. You’re most likely to get distracted during sex at the two- to three-minute mark.
63. Semen isn’t low carb – it’s mostly made of sugar.
64. If he finds it hard to stay hard, avoid girl-on-top as his penis will be fighting gravity.
65. Women fantasise about romantic settings (such as islands), whereas men focus more on body parts.
66. Forty-six per cent of Americans think they are more likely to see Bigfoot than to climax at the exact same time as their partner.
67. When a guy is turned on his sweat becomes saturated with chemicals that are linked to female arousal.
68. Your climax will be more intense if you raise your hips slightly and squeeze your PC muscles before peaking.
69. Don’t feel bad about that drunken night you slept with that guy you don’t remember – 73 per cent of women admit having at least one one-night stand.
We catch up with the Transcendence star.
Our fashion director gets her run on!
How to avoid morning after shopping regret.
The @cosmobride team want your nan's best marriage advice!! Email them her pearls of wisdom (along with her name, age and year she got married) to email@example.com - the more unique and unexpected the advice, the better!! #cosmobride
Artist Rose Ashton @rosegirl creating us a personalised artwork for today's fashion shoot with @nicoleadolphe stay tuned
Subscribe or renew to Cosmopolitan magazine and receive your first 3 issues for just $6! Offer ends May 5. Visit magshop.com.au/cos
Happy Easter!! Pic from our #easter story featuring bunny Chino! #cosmoaustralia #lifestylist
@cosmobride #realweddingannual #onsale #NOW! #cosmobride #wedding #love
A big thanks to @picturepostie @sweatybettypr for the fashion week memories! It was a blur so it's nice to have a permanent keepsake
SO. MUCH. CHOCOLATE. All of the thanks to the delicious @maxbrenner_chocolate_bar and @magnumpr_. Easter weekend starts right now. X
Fash director @nicoleadolphe at the new @fshnbnkr store #adelaide with designers @keepsakethelabel @cameo_the_label @finderskeepersthelabel @thefifthlabel
Spoilt for choice with the arrival of the new @sallyhansenau Triple Shine collection! For more beauty updates follow @cosmobeautyau
HOORAY!! The @cosmobride special Real Weddings Annual is onsale NOW!!! Press play to see the cover revealed! #COSMOBRIDE #realweddingannual #lotsofweddings #andlove #flowers #weddingmagazine #fun #diy #advice #awesomeness
And that’s that – all done! We told you it’d only take a minute. Now, go. Enjoy!
Make it pretty, add a profile picture...
It looks like you are already a member of one of our other great sites (Womens Fitness, Australian Beauty Awards, Mother & Baby Awards, Cleo, Australian Beauty Awards 2012, TechLife, Cougar Portal, Cleo NZ, Empire, Shop Til You Drop, 30 Days of Fashion and Beauty 2012, Health and Wellbeing Weekend, Elle, Home, Food and Wine). You can log in to Cosmo with your existing account – just type in your email and password. Forgotten your password? No worries, we can send it to you.
Get the latest news straight to your inbox by signing up to our newsletter!