Subscribe and save
Subscribe to Cosmopolitan and get three issues for just $6!Order now >
I married my perfect man two years ago, it was a beautiful sunny day and we had an intimate wedding surrounded by family and friends. We chose to tie the knot early in the morning in a garden ceremony, followed by a lunch on the same venue grounds at Eschol Park Historic house (escholparkhouse.com.au). Here is a little list of some of my big day essentials that helped give me the fairytale bridal look and theme I desired!
1. I walked down the aisle to Rachel Portman's touching movie score 'The Proposal' from the Jane Austen movie Emma. It was a real romantic movie moment!
2. My must-watch the night before the big day was the movie Father of the Bride. Steve Martin in this film really reminds me of my dad! My Best Friend’s Wedding and The Wedding Signer are also faves.
3. My hairstyle was inspired by Taylor Swift’s soft, loose curled bun and natural make-up.
4. Hilary Duff’s With Love eau de parfum spray was my bridal scent for the day. I love its sandalwood notes!
5. My ‘something blue’ blue knickers came from Cotton on Body.
6. Keeping to my fairytale, theme I wore a Disney Couture gold Cinderella-themed bracelet, which was engraved with ‘a dream is a wish your heart makes’.
7. I ended up doing my make-up on the day as I wanted a very natural look. My bridal beauty kit included: Prestige Minerals powder foundation, Prestige eye shadow in champagne, Beauty Style eyeshadow in lemon chiffon, Napoleon Perdis auto pilot pre-foundation primer, Maybelline great lash waterproof mascara, Maybelline 105 superstay gloss, Covergirl instant cheekbones blush, Lucas papaw ointment, O.P.I in Mr & Mrs with make-up applied using Eco tools bamboo 6 piece brush set.
8. I wore a classic and simple A-line Ivory gown with a subtle flower-embroidered lace train bought from Calabro. I wanted a look that was timeless with a touch of fairytale ball gown.
9. We had a golden carriage with beautiful white horses as our get-away transport from Unique Carriages (uniquecarriages.com.au). It was wonderful to see all the guests’ faces light up with surprise as it pulled into the venue, just outside our reception windows. I made sure our photographer got us waving from the back of the carriage as we departed.
10. Each table centrepiece included a different coloured china tea set. Now I use them for special occasions and afternoon teas with family and friends – a lovely keepsake reminder of the day.
How to avoid morning after shopping regret.
Here's three videos that will defo get you there...
How to get our male hair crush's awesome ombre locks.
Happy Easter!! Pic from our #easter story featuring bunny Chino! #cosmoaustralia #lifestylist
@cosmobride #realweddingannual #onsale #NOW! #cosmobride #wedding #love
A big thanks to @picturepostie @sweatybettypr for the fashion week memories! It was a blur so it's nice to have a permanent keepsake
SO. MUCH. CHOCOLATE. All of the thanks to the delicious @maxbrenner_chocolate_bar and @magnumpr_. Easter weekend starts right now. X
Fash director @nicoleadolphe at the new @fshnbnkr store #adelaide with designers @keepsakethelabel @cameo_the_label @finderskeepersthelabel @thefifthlabel
Spoilt for choice with the arrival of the new @sallyhansenau Triple Shine collection! For more beauty updates follow @cosmobeautyau
HOORAY!! The @cosmobride special Real Weddings Annual is onsale NOW!!! Press play to see the cover revealed! #COSMOBRIDE #realweddingannual #lotsofweddings #andlove #flowers #weddingmagazine #fun #diy #advice #awesomeness
Actually, it's only one more night 'til the special new Real Wedding Annual issue of @cosmobride hits stands!! #COSMOBRIDE #soexcited #realweddingannual #somuchlove #bride #bigday #weddingmagazine
Bright bold prints from @ausifw #indigenousfashionweek to conclude our fashion week coverage
Our pick from @ausifw @sam_harris wearing #gracelillianlee with @nicolelucasstylist & @nicoleadolphe
And that’s that – all done! We told you it’d only take a minute. Now, go. Enjoy!
Make it pretty, add a profile picture...
It looks like you are already a member of one of our other great sites (Womens Fitness, Australian Beauty Awards, Mother & Baby Awards, Cleo, Australian Beauty Awards 2012, TechLife, Cougar Portal, Cleo NZ, Empire, Shop Til You Drop, 30 Days of Fashion and Beauty 2012, Health and Wellbeing Weekend, Elle, Home, Food and Wine). You can log in to Cosmo with your existing account – just type in your email and password. Forgotten your password? No worries, we can send it to you.
Get the latest news straight to your inbox by signing up to our newsletter!