Subscribe & save
Subscribe to Cosmo via auto renewal and pay $17.85 every 3 issues PLUS get a free Lady Luks silver bracelet worth $79.
I married my perfect man two years ago, it was a beautiful sunny day and we had an intimate wedding surrounded by family and friends. We chose to tie the knot early in the morning in a garden ceremony, followed by a lunch on the same venue grounds at Eschol Park Historic house (escholparkhouse.com.au). Here is a little list of some of my big day essentials that helped give me the fairytale bridal look and theme I desired!
1. I walked down the aisle to Rachel Portman's touching movie score 'The Proposal' from the Jane Austen movie Emma. It was a real romantic movie moment!
2. My must-watch the night before the big day was the movie Father of the Bride. Steve Martin in this film really reminds me of my dad! My Best Friend’s Wedding and The Wedding Signer are also faves.
3. My hairstyle was inspired by Taylor Swift’s soft, loose curled bun and natural make-up.
4. Hilary Duff’s With Love eau de parfum spray was my bridal scent for the day. I love its sandalwood notes!
5. My ‘something blue’ blue knickers came from Cotton on Body.
6. Keeping to my fairytale, theme I wore a Disney Couture gold Cinderella-themed bracelet, which was engraved with ‘a dream is a wish your heart makes’.
7. I ended up doing my make-up on the day as I wanted a very natural look. My bridal beauty kit included: Prestige Minerals powder foundation, Prestige eye shadow in champagne, Beauty Style eyeshadow in lemon chiffon, Napoleon Perdis auto pilot pre-foundation primer, Maybelline great lash waterproof mascara, Maybelline 105 superstay gloss, Covergirl instant cheekbones blush, Lucas papaw ointment, O.P.I in Mr & Mrs with make-up applied using Eco tools bamboo 6 piece brush set.
8. I wore a classic and simple A-line Ivory gown with a subtle flower-embroidered lace train bought from Calabro. I wanted a look that was timeless with a touch of fairytale ball gown.
9. We had a golden carriage with beautiful white horses as our get-away transport from Unique Carriages (uniquecarriages.com.au). It was wonderful to see all the guests’ faces light up with surprise as it pulled into the venue, just outside our reception windows. I made sure our photographer got us waving from the back of the carriage as we departed.
10. Each table centrepiece included a different coloured china tea set. Now I use them for special occasions and afternoon teas with family and friends – a lovely keepsake reminder of the day.
Here’s a list of beauty apps I love and use.
Hold onto your Cons, we’re going in.
It must be, cos these moments were HILARIOUS
Cosmo's Beauty Editor @sarahmacrae1 hosting this morning's @revlonanz show at @runwayweekend 💅 #RunwayWeekend
Every girl needs a Chanel handbag right? We're adding this to our wish list @reebonzau @runwayweekend @amypejkovic
Team Cosmo with the gorgeous @samantha_jade_music before her performance at today's @runwayweekend 🎉 #RunwayWeekend
Brights to kick off Spring at today's @runwayweekend our next Cosmo show features @revlon @seduceclothing @cooperst_clothing @talulah_label
Here we go! Fashion Director @nicoleadolphe at @runwayweekend #sydney shows. Show no.1 with @specsaversaustralia wearing @leemathewsau
Friday Night Feels! 💁🍸🎉#TGIF
Last chance to sign up to see @samantha_jade_music, Cosmo fashion director @nicoleadolphe and beauty editor @sarahmacrae1 at #RunwayWeekend in Sydney! If you're obsessed with fashion and beauty and want to see awesome stuff from big name brands, head to runwayweekend.com.au to get involved!
One day to the weekend yay! If you love fashion and live in Sydney this is a must @runwayweekend fashion shows, beauty makeovers and meet Fashion Director @nicoleadolphe and Beauty Editor @sarahmacrae1 #RunwayWeekend
It's #weddingwednesday! Sweet words from @cosmobride #cosmobride #thenotebook #romance 💗🐦 Typography: @justsayingirl ✒️
In case you needed another reason to love the white shirt, tune into our latest video on how to wear it as a SKIRT! 🙌 watch it at cosmopolitan.com.au/fashion #Fashion #StyleHacks
And that’s that – all done! We told you it’d only take a minute. Now, go. Enjoy!
Make it pretty, add a profile picture...
It looks like you are already a member of one of our other great sites (Woman's Day NZ, Womens Fitness, Australian Beauty Awards, Mother & Baby Awards, Cleo, Australian Beauty Awards 2012, TechLife, Australian Geographic, Cougar Portal, Cleo NZ, Empire, Shop Til You Drop, 30 Days of Fashion and Beauty 2012, Health and Wellbeing Weekend, Elle, Home, Food and Wine). You can log in to Cosmo with your existing account – just type in your email and password. Forgotten your password? No worries, we can send it to you.
Get the latest news straight to your inbox by signing up to our newsletter!