Subscribe and save
Subscribe or renew to Cosmopolitan magazine and receive a mystery goodie bag full of amazing treats worth over $400!! Offer ends Aug 3.Order now >
I married my perfect man two years ago, it was a beautiful sunny day and we had an intimate wedding surrounded by family and friends. We chose to tie the knot early in the morning in a garden ceremony, followed by a lunch on the same venue grounds at Eschol Park Historic house (escholparkhouse.com.au). Here is a little list of some of my big day essentials that helped give me the fairytale bridal look and theme I desired!
1. I walked down the aisle to Rachel Portman's touching movie score 'The Proposal' from the Jane Austen movie Emma. It was a real romantic movie moment!
2. My must-watch the night before the big day was the movie Father of the Bride. Steve Martin in this film really reminds me of my dad! My Best Friend’s Wedding and The Wedding Signer are also faves.
3. My hairstyle was inspired by Taylor Swift’s soft, loose curled bun and natural make-up.
4. Hilary Duff’s With Love eau de parfum spray was my bridal scent for the day. I love its sandalwood notes!
5. My ‘something blue’ blue knickers came from Cotton on Body.
6. Keeping to my fairytale, theme I wore a Disney Couture gold Cinderella-themed bracelet, which was engraved with ‘a dream is a wish your heart makes’.
7. I ended up doing my make-up on the day as I wanted a very natural look. My bridal beauty kit included: Prestige Minerals powder foundation, Prestige eye shadow in champagne, Beauty Style eyeshadow in lemon chiffon, Napoleon Perdis auto pilot pre-foundation primer, Maybelline great lash waterproof mascara, Maybelline 105 superstay gloss, Covergirl instant cheekbones blush, Lucas papaw ointment, O.P.I in Mr & Mrs with make-up applied using Eco tools bamboo 6 piece brush set.
8. I wore a classic and simple A-line Ivory gown with a subtle flower-embroidered lace train bought from Calabro. I wanted a look that was timeless with a touch of fairytale ball gown.
9. We had a golden carriage with beautiful white horses as our get-away transport from Unique Carriages (uniquecarriages.com.au). It was wonderful to see all the guests’ faces light up with surprise as it pulled into the venue, just outside our reception windows. I made sure our photographer got us waving from the back of the carriage as we departed.
10. Each table centrepiece included a different coloured china tea set. Now I use them for special occasions and afternoon teas with family and friends – a lovely keepsake reminder of the day.
Happy Friday Y'all!!! How awesome and happy is this pic from the @cosmobride Real Weddings Annual by Eric Ronald?! Have the best weekend! #happyfriday #yayweekend
We 💗 looking at pretty hairstyles like @laurenconrad's new platinum blonde. If you're rocking a new 'do, post a snap @cosmoaustralia with the hashtag #CosmoHairspo so we can have a squiz. Our faves will go on cosmopolitan.com.au!
Set up an Insta pic with your latest #Cosmo cover, tag @cosmoaustralia and use the hashtag #CosmoIggy and you could #win this HUGE beauty bundle. Plus we have copies of cover girl Iggy Azalea's awesome album @thenewclassic for five runners up! The most creative shots get the goods. (Comp closes 03/08)
Subscribe or renew to Cosmopolitan magazine and receive a Mystery goodie bag full of amazing treats worth over $400. HURRY offer ends August 3. Visit www.magshop.com.au/cos/h1408cos
Got a hot new hair style, colour, cut, or all of the above? Well snap a selfie and post it with the hashtag #CosmoHairspo and tag @cosmoaustralia - because we want to see it! The best 'dos will appear on cosmopolitan.com.au and could go in the mag, because everybody loves a bit of #hairspiration... #hair #beauty #cosmo
Chilly Monday mornings call for #SanChurro hot chocolate ❄️☕️😋
For tons of party inspiration (like a cake made out of Tim Tams!!) follow @cosmobride! #regram #cosmobride #fridayfun #love #wedding #fun #party #cake #inspiration #styling
We just received our @SpotifyAustralia Essentials Kit for #SplendourInTheGrass 😎 who else is heading to #ByronBay next weekend? #WeLoveAFesti #FestivalEssentials #SlipSlopSlap
On the road again... Fash director @nicoleadolphe and @nikkikphillips in Brisbane at the official opening of @emmaandroe store chermside #jewellery #fashion
Babe alert!!! How hot does our cover girl #IggyAzalea @thenewclassic look in her latest Insta snap? BTW, you can win a whole heap of awesome beauty goodies by snapping your Cosmo cover with the hashtag #CosmoIggy and tagging us in it. The most creative gets the goods!
And that’s that – all done! We told you it’d only take a minute. Now, go. Enjoy!
Make it pretty, add a profile picture...
It looks like you are already a member of one of our other great sites (Woman's Day NZ, Womens Fitness, Australian Beauty Awards, Mother & Baby Awards, Cleo, Australian Beauty Awards 2012, TechLife, Cougar Portal, Cleo NZ, Empire, Shop Til You Drop, 30 Days of Fashion and Beauty 2012, Health and Wellbeing Weekend, Elle, Home, Food and Wine). You can log in to Cosmo with your existing account – just type in your email and password. Forgotten your password? No worries, we can send it to you.
Get the latest news straight to your inbox by signing up to our newsletter!