My Wedding Day Essentials10.08.2012
I married my perfect man two years ago, it was a beautiful sunny day and we had an intimate wedding surrounded by family and friends. We chose to tie the knot early in the morning in a garden ceremony, followed by a lunch on the same venue grounds at Eschol Park Historic house (escholparkhouse.com.au). Here is a little list of some of my big day essentials that helped give me the fairytale bridal look and theme I desired!
1. I walked down the aisle to Rachel Portman's touching movie score 'The Proposal' from the Jane Austen movie Emma. It was a real romantic movie moment!
2. My must-watch the night before the big day was the movie Father of the Bride. Steve Martin in this film really reminds me of my dad! My Best Friend’s Wedding and The Wedding Signer are also faves.
3. My hairstyle was inspired by Taylor Swift’s soft, loose curled bun and natural make-up.
4. Hilary Duff’s With Love eau de parfum spray was my bridal scent for the day. I love its sandalwood notes!
5. My ‘something blue’ blue knickers came from Cotton on Body.
6. Keeping to my fairytale, theme I wore a Disney Couture gold Cinderella-themed bracelet, which was engraved with ‘a dream is a wish your heart makes’.
7. I ended up doing my make-up on the day as I wanted a very natural look. My bridal beauty kit included: Prestige Minerals powder foundation, Prestige eye shadow in champagne, Beauty Style eyeshadow in lemon chiffon, Napoleon Perdis auto pilot pre-foundation primer, Maybelline great lash waterproof mascara, Maybelline 105 superstay gloss, Covergirl instant cheekbones blush, Lucas papaw ointment, O.P.I in Mr & Mrs with make-up applied using Eco tools bamboo 6 piece brush set.
8. I wore a classic and simple A-line Ivory gown with a subtle flower-embroidered lace train bought from Calabro. I wanted a look that was timeless with a touch of fairytale ball gown.
9. We had a golden carriage with beautiful white horses as our get-away transport from Unique Carriages (uniquecarriages.com.au). It was wonderful to see all the guests’ faces light up with surprise as it pulled into the venue, just outside our reception windows. I made sure our photographer got us waving from the back of the carriage as we departed.
10. Each table centrepiece included a different coloured china tea set. Now I use them for special occasions and afternoon teas with family and friends – a lovely keepsake reminder of the day.
Cosmo Team Blog
The reactions shocked me.
Here’s a list of beauty apps I love and use.
Hold onto your Cons, we’re going in.
Sundays just got a whole lot cooler with Vivid-inspired cocktails at the @glassbrasserie in @hiltonsydney 💃🍸#eatdrinkhilton
Life's a beach on location with Bras N Things ☀️🌴#castawayisland #wishyouwerehere
Saturday night out calls for red lips to kill, right? 💄💋
Legit Friday night feels. Come on, 5pm! 🕔 rg @cosmopolitanuk #FriYay
It's pay-day tomorrow and we've pretty much spent it all already but can you blame us?! 🙊
It's #WeddingWednesday and we are still dreaming of the finale gown from the @steven_khalil #MBFWA show last week 🙌🏽 rg @cosmobride
Happy 2 year anniversary to Mr and Mrs West! 💑 @kimkardashian
There's so much more to it than just "dry skin" or "oily skin." Find out more in this month's issue of Cosmo Mag featuring Tash Oakley on the cover 💕
Happy Man Crush Monday ❤️ from this guy ⬆️👌🏼#mcm
Britney is throwing it back to 2001 on the #billboards2016 red carpet rn 🙌🏼. See all the looks through the link in our bio.