My Wedding Day Essentials10.08.2012
I married my perfect man two years ago, it was a beautiful sunny day and we had an intimate wedding surrounded by family and friends. We chose to tie the knot early in the morning in a garden ceremony, followed by a lunch on the same venue grounds at Eschol Park Historic house (escholparkhouse.com.au). Here is a little list of some of my big day essentials that helped give me the fairytale bridal look and theme I desired!
1. I walked down the aisle to Rachel Portman's touching movie score 'The Proposal' from the Jane Austen movie Emma. It was a real romantic movie moment!
2. My must-watch the night before the big day was the movie Father of the Bride. Steve Martin in this film really reminds me of my dad! My Best Friend’s Wedding and The Wedding Signer are also faves.
3. My hairstyle was inspired by Taylor Swift’s soft, loose curled bun and natural make-up.
4. Hilary Duff’s With Love eau de parfum spray was my bridal scent for the day. I love its sandalwood notes!
5. My ‘something blue’ blue knickers came from Cotton on Body.
6. Keeping to my fairytale, theme I wore a Disney Couture gold Cinderella-themed bracelet, which was engraved with ‘a dream is a wish your heart makes’.
7. I ended up doing my make-up on the day as I wanted a very natural look. My bridal beauty kit included: Prestige Minerals powder foundation, Prestige eye shadow in champagne, Beauty Style eyeshadow in lemon chiffon, Napoleon Perdis auto pilot pre-foundation primer, Maybelline great lash waterproof mascara, Maybelline 105 superstay gloss, Covergirl instant cheekbones blush, Lucas papaw ointment, O.P.I in Mr & Mrs with make-up applied using Eco tools bamboo 6 piece brush set.
8. I wore a classic and simple A-line Ivory gown with a subtle flower-embroidered lace train bought from Calabro. I wanted a look that was timeless with a touch of fairytale ball gown.
9. We had a golden carriage with beautiful white horses as our get-away transport from Unique Carriages (uniquecarriages.com.au). It was wonderful to see all the guests’ faces light up with surprise as it pulled into the venue, just outside our reception windows. I made sure our photographer got us waving from the back of the carriage as we departed.
10. Each table centrepiece included a different coloured china tea set. Now I use them for special occasions and afternoon teas with family and friends – a lovely keepsake reminder of the day.
Cosmo Team Blog
Let's do something about violence against women.
Napoleon Perdis talks lifelong beauty lessons.
Remember on the Jetson’s when Jane used that machine to do her makeup? Well, the technology is finally here. Sort of.
Olivia and Mim of @nervomusic hung out with us this morning for a special #CosmoTV segment. Keep a lookout on cosmopolitan.com.au for the full video next week 👯
Tune into our latest episode of Woman on Top with the amazing fashion duo @becandbridge. We discuss working with your bestie, the MBFW runways, wardrobe essentials & their new swimwear range! Online now 👯 #womanontop #becandbridge
Loved the light installation at tonight's @manningcartell show. A collection every girl will want to wear! ✨ #MBFWA
On set today with mega babe @erinheathertonlegit 💕
Magical Maticevski Moments! ✨#MBFWA
The view from our front row seat #stenmarktwins @zac_stenmark @jordan_stenmark #mbfwa #alwaystrending
Puffed up ponies at @_aje_ by the @premahair team for @goldwellAUS. Backstage at #MBFWA 💁
Fash director @nicoleadolphe with @annaheinrich1 #mbfwa
Dreaming of Morocco @becandbridge gladiator sandals, flares, prints, golden swim, rust and textured pieces we are swooning over
Team Cosmo down at #mbfwa today stay tuned for all the action on and off the runway 👗👯 #alwaystrending