My Wedding Day Essentials10.08.2012
I married my perfect man two years ago, it was a beautiful sunny day and we had an intimate wedding surrounded by family and friends. We chose to tie the knot early in the morning in a garden ceremony, followed by a lunch on the same venue grounds at Eschol Park Historic house (escholparkhouse.com.au). Here is a little list of some of my big day essentials that helped give me the fairytale bridal look and theme I desired!
1. I walked down the aisle to Rachel Portman's touching movie score 'The Proposal' from the Jane Austen movie Emma. It was a real romantic movie moment!
2. My must-watch the night before the big day was the movie Father of the Bride. Steve Martin in this film really reminds me of my dad! My Best Friend’s Wedding and The Wedding Signer are also faves.
3. My hairstyle was inspired by Taylor Swift’s soft, loose curled bun and natural make-up.
4. Hilary Duff’s With Love eau de parfum spray was my bridal scent for the day. I love its sandalwood notes!
5. My ‘something blue’ blue knickers came from Cotton on Body.
6. Keeping to my fairytale, theme I wore a Disney Couture gold Cinderella-themed bracelet, which was engraved with ‘a dream is a wish your heart makes’.
7. I ended up doing my make-up on the day as I wanted a very natural look. My bridal beauty kit included: Prestige Minerals powder foundation, Prestige eye shadow in champagne, Beauty Style eyeshadow in lemon chiffon, Napoleon Perdis auto pilot pre-foundation primer, Maybelline great lash waterproof mascara, Maybelline 105 superstay gloss, Covergirl instant cheekbones blush, Lucas papaw ointment, O.P.I in Mr & Mrs with make-up applied using Eco tools bamboo 6 piece brush set.
8. I wore a classic and simple A-line Ivory gown with a subtle flower-embroidered lace train bought from Calabro. I wanted a look that was timeless with a touch of fairytale ball gown.
9. We had a golden carriage with beautiful white horses as our get-away transport from Unique Carriages (uniquecarriages.com.au). It was wonderful to see all the guests’ faces light up with surprise as it pulled into the venue, just outside our reception windows. I made sure our photographer got us waving from the back of the carriage as we departed.
10. Each table centrepiece included a different coloured china tea set. Now I use them for special occasions and afternoon teas with family and friends – a lovely keepsake reminder of the day.
Cosmo Team Blog
Here’s a list of beauty apps I love and use.
Hold onto your Cons, we’re going in.
It must be, cos these moments were HILARIOUS
POUT GOALS 💋 @khloekardashian gave Cosmo staffer @julianaughton a pouting lesson during their chat in Sydney today for the launch of @kardashiankids in Big W stores nationally. Keep a look out for the full chat on cosmopolitan.com.au.
@ikea_australia customising our new stools! F U N! #cosmomakeover #staytuned #sneakpeek #ikea
Subscribe to Cosmo before August 3, 2015 and you'll receive this UH-MAZING 7-piece Bella Brush set valued at $59💗 Visit www.magshop.com.au/cos/h1508cos
Ever dreamed of @ikea_australia arriving at your door to makeover your place?? Our dreams have come true! Their stylists are giving our office a new look and we'll be sharing all their tips and tricks in the mag so you can get the look at home! These cute as a button succulents are just the beginning... 🌵#staytuned #cosmomakeover #ikea #lifestyle #fun #sneakpeek
Cosmo's Online Beauty and Lifestyle Writer had her lips tattooed thanks to @amyjeaneyecouture Read the full story at www.cosmopolitan.com.au
Nothing to see here, just @isthatjessiej looking SMOKING on our brand new September cover. Get yours from Monday. 💗👯
Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the @nikewomen #AirMax95 sneakers with cocktails and hip hop, naturally 👟💯🎧 #zoomfast
On the other side of the world, our Fashion Team is shooting @iamlaurawells in swim in Ibiza with 📷 @kaneskennar @busabouteurope
Team Cosmo says goodbye to our incomparable Beauty Director @leighacampbell this afternoon at @barriocellar 💕 #TGIF
Behind the scenes of our fashion shoot today on the cobblestones streets of Ibiza's Old Town with model @jessleebuchanan wearing @roxy @natalija_makeup and photographer @kaneskennar @busabouteurope