My Wedding Day Essentials10.08.2012
I married my perfect man two years ago, it was a beautiful sunny day and we had an intimate wedding surrounded by family and friends. We chose to tie the knot early in the morning in a garden ceremony, followed by a lunch on the same venue grounds at Eschol Park Historic house (escholparkhouse.com.au). Here is a little list of some of my big day essentials that helped give me the fairytale bridal look and theme I desired!
1. I walked down the aisle to Rachel Portman's touching movie score 'The Proposal' from the Jane Austen movie Emma. It was a real romantic movie moment!
2. My must-watch the night before the big day was the movie Father of the Bride. Steve Martin in this film really reminds me of my dad! My Best Friend’s Wedding and The Wedding Signer are also faves.
3. My hairstyle was inspired by Taylor Swift’s soft, loose curled bun and natural make-up.
4. Hilary Duff’s With Love eau de parfum spray was my bridal scent for the day. I love its sandalwood notes!
5. My ‘something blue’ blue knickers came from Cotton on Body.
6. Keeping to my fairytale, theme I wore a Disney Couture gold Cinderella-themed bracelet, which was engraved with ‘a dream is a wish your heart makes’.
7. I ended up doing my make-up on the day as I wanted a very natural look. My bridal beauty kit included: Prestige Minerals powder foundation, Prestige eye shadow in champagne, Beauty Style eyeshadow in lemon chiffon, Napoleon Perdis auto pilot pre-foundation primer, Maybelline great lash waterproof mascara, Maybelline 105 superstay gloss, Covergirl instant cheekbones blush, Lucas papaw ointment, O.P.I in Mr & Mrs with make-up applied using Eco tools bamboo 6 piece brush set.
8. I wore a classic and simple A-line Ivory gown with a subtle flower-embroidered lace train bought from Calabro. I wanted a look that was timeless with a touch of fairytale ball gown.
9. We had a golden carriage with beautiful white horses as our get-away transport from Unique Carriages (uniquecarriages.com.au). It was wonderful to see all the guests’ faces light up with surprise as it pulled into the venue, just outside our reception windows. I made sure our photographer got us waving from the back of the carriage as we departed.
10. Each table centrepiece included a different coloured china tea set. Now I use them for special occasions and afternoon teas with family and friends – a lovely keepsake reminder of the day.
Cosmo Team Blog
12:08PM, May 19
Here’s a list of beauty apps I love and use.
10:13AM, May 14
Hold onto your Cons, we’re going in.
1:48AM, May 7
It must be, cos these moments were HILARIOUS
When you’re deliberating which bag to take, but then you remember you’re Louise Roe, so you’ll look amazing regardless 👜💁
Thirsty? Good news: every March issue comes with a FREE @boost_juice Black Label Smoothie 🍇🍋🍏
@beyonce SLAYS at the Super Bowl 👑👑👑👑👑 Check out her "Formation" performance on our website RN 🙌🏼
Look what we fit inside a condom! Proving once and for all that the ‘too big’ excuse is total BS🍆🙊
Heading out tonight? Make sure your makeup suits your hairstyle by checking out our guide in the latest issue, on stands now💄
Ultimate 🐶 squad for National Pet Adoption Day! Head to our site for info about bringing a furry friend into your home ❤️
Friday night cocktail inspo: Combine 44ml of Avion Añejo tequila, 44ml cranberry juice, 44ml of orange liqueur, and agave nectar to taste in a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain over ice. Garnish with sugared cranberries. Cheers 🍹#tgif
We’re sneaking into the weekend already. ShhHhhHh…👟
Get your samples of our favourite beauty and lifestyle buys just like these, by subscribing to The Cosmopolitan Edit. A quarterly gift box plus a year’s subscription to Cosmo! This is a limited offer so visit www.magshop.com.au/cosmo and enter the code H1601CSB💅🏽💄