Subscribe and save
Subscribe to Cosmopolitan and get three issues for just $6!Order now >
I’ve always imagined that if I ever tied the knot, I would be married by the beach in some exotic location, followed by a beautiful open reception by the water. But for some couples, just the thought of an outdoor wedding is enough for them to curl into a ball and rock back and forth. The mosquitoes, the flies, high-heels in the grass, unpredictable weather… there are simply too many things that could go wrong. So for those brides who are still undecided, allow me to present the pros and cons…
- Beautiful pictures. Nature is the perfect backdrop for your wedding photos – imagine you and your groom in front of a stunning sunset.
- Budget friendly. Having your wedding outdoors means you don’t have to hire a reception venue and you can also treat guests to a simple, but delicious barbecue feast. Plus there’s no need to fuss over decorations as your gorgeous backdrop is pretty enough for people to be impressed.
- Time saver. An outdoor wedding usually means that the ceremony, reception and wedding photos are all done in the same spot, which saves everyone from having to drive from one place to another. This is great as it means you can spend more time enjoying your special day with your guests.
- Wide space. If you’re planning a large wedding, the large open space of the outdoors means you should have more room for all your guests – this is especially useful if there will be children at your wedding.
- Mother Nature. You can’t predict the weather and obviously, this will be the biggest con of all.
- Discomfort. If it’s too cold, too windy or too hot, you and your guests may be uncomfortable
- Council permission. Unfortunately you can’t just set up a marquee wherever you like, and the council red-tape can often be tedious.
In my opinion, overall there are more pros than cons when it comes to outdoor weddings. If you make sure that you have a back-up plan in case of really bad weather, then everything will fall into place no matter what Mother Nature throws at you on the day. Remember, brides who plan indoor weddings worry about the weather too!
For more helpful stories about planning your special day, be sure to check out the new issue of Cosmo Bride – on sale now!
Images credit: studioimpressions.com.au
We catch up with the Transcendence star.
Our fashion director gets her run on!
How to avoid morning after shopping regret.
Guess who!? Cosmo cover girl @Cheyennet was cleverly captured by international coffee artist Michael Breach aka @baristart at Nescafe’s #dolcegustoart event this month! He whipped up a cappuccino then sketched her gorgeous face in the foam using only a toothpick! #awesome #talent #art #cosmoaustralia
The @cosmobride team want your nan's best marriage advice!! Email them her pearls of wisdom (along with her name, age and year she got married) to firstname.lastname@example.org - the more unique and unexpected the advice, the better!! #cosmobride
Artist Rose Ashton @rosegirl creating us a personalised artwork for today's fashion shoot with @nicoleadolphe stay tuned
Subscribe or renew to Cosmopolitan magazine and receive your first 3 issues for just $6! Offer ends May 5. Visit magshop.com.au/cos
Happy Easter!! Pic from our #easter story featuring bunny Chino! #cosmoaustralia #lifestylist
@cosmobride #realweddingannual #onsale #NOW! #cosmobride #wedding #love
A big thanks to @picturepostie @sweatybettypr for the fashion week memories! It was a blur so it's nice to have a permanent keepsake
SO. MUCH. CHOCOLATE. All of the thanks to the delicious @maxbrenner_chocolate_bar and @magnumpr_. Easter weekend starts right now. X
Fash director @nicoleadolphe at the new @fshnbnkr store #adelaide with designers @keepsakethelabel @cameo_the_label @finderskeepersthelabel @thefifthlabel
Spoilt for choice with the arrival of the new @sallyhansenau Triple Shine collection! For more beauty updates follow @cosmobeautyau
And that’s that – all done! We told you it’d only take a minute. Now, go. Enjoy!
Make it pretty, add a profile picture...
It looks like you are already a member of one of our other great sites (Womens Fitness, Australian Beauty Awards, Mother & Baby Awards, Cleo, Australian Beauty Awards 2012, TechLife, Cougar Portal, Cleo NZ, Empire, Shop Til You Drop, 30 Days of Fashion and Beauty 2012, Health and Wellbeing Weekend, Elle, Home, Food and Wine). You can log in to Cosmo with your existing account – just type in your email and password. Forgotten your password? No worries, we can send it to you.
Get the latest news straight to your inbox by signing up to our newsletter!