Subscribe & save
Subscribe to Cosmo via auto renewal and pay $17.85 every 3 issues PLUS get a free Lady Luks silver bracelet worth $79.
I’ve always imagined that if I ever tied the knot, I would be married by the beach in some exotic location, followed by a beautiful open reception by the water. But for some couples, just the thought of an outdoor wedding is enough for them to curl into a ball and rock back and forth. The mosquitoes, the flies, high-heels in the grass, unpredictable weather… there are simply too many things that could go wrong. So for those brides who are still undecided, allow me to present the pros and cons…
- Beautiful pictures. Nature is the perfect backdrop for your wedding photos – imagine you and your groom in front of a stunning sunset.
- Budget friendly. Having your wedding outdoors means you don’t have to hire a reception venue and you can also treat guests to a simple, but delicious barbecue feast. Plus there’s no need to fuss over decorations as your gorgeous backdrop is pretty enough for people to be impressed.
- Time saver. An outdoor wedding usually means that the ceremony, reception and wedding photos are all done in the same spot, which saves everyone from having to drive from one place to another. This is great as it means you can spend more time enjoying your special day with your guests.
- Wide space. If you’re planning a large wedding, the large open space of the outdoors means you should have more room for all your guests – this is especially useful if there will be children at your wedding.
- Mother Nature. You can’t predict the weather and obviously, this will be the biggest con of all.
- Discomfort. If it’s too cold, too windy or too hot, you and your guests may be uncomfortable
- Council permission. Unfortunately you can’t just set up a marquee wherever you like, and the council red-tape can often be tedious.
In my opinion, overall there are more pros than cons when it comes to outdoor weddings. If you make sure that you have a back-up plan in case of really bad weather, then everything will fall into place no matter what Mother Nature throws at you on the day. Remember, brides who plan indoor weddings worry about the weather too!
For more helpful stories about planning your special day, be sure to check out the new issue of Cosmo Bride – on sale now!
Images credit: studioimpressions.com.au
Here’s a list of beauty apps I love and use.
Hold onto your Cons, we’re going in.
It must be, cos these moments were HILARIOUS
Your #friday night cheese platter sorted!! Just add🍷 As seen in our September issue #cosmoaustralia
Lots of bright ideas at #cosmobd2015 thanks for having us #viberushcutters 💡💡💡 #teamcosmo
Playing minute to win it games to keep our brains sharp! #cosmobd2015
Woohoo! It's Cosmo Brainstorming Day 2015 at @vibehotels with treats from @justsayingirl @typoshop @cottononfoundation #cosmobd2015 #viberushcutters
Say hello to our brand new October issue - and it's a BIG ONE. Not only is @mirandakerr looking uh-mazing in @becandbridge on the cover, shot by the legendary Russell James @nomadrj, but it's also The Beauty Issue, packed with more new season trends than you can possibly handle. Grab yours from Monday September 7! 💗💄💅 #cosmopolitan #cosmoaustralia
Want this gorgeous @ladyluks bracelet? Subscribe to Cosmo before September 7 and it's yours. Just visit www.magshop.com.au/cos/h1509cos
Return of the power suit ➕ ink blues on trend @carlazampatti last night @_msfw_
Statement earrings fit for a queen #msfw @oppomobileau
Fashion Director @nicoleadolphe and Market Editor @cassielongworth1 at Melbourne Spring Fashion Week opening gala with @oppomobileau #msfw
Taylor and her Girl Squad owning the VMA's Red Carpet! 👭👯👭 #VMAs
And that’s that – all done! We told you it’d only take a minute. Now, go. Enjoy!
Make it pretty, add a profile picture...
It looks like you are already a member of one of our other great sites (Woman's Day NZ, Womens Fitness, Australian Beauty Awards, Mother & Baby Awards, Cleo, Australian Beauty Awards 2012, TechLife, Australian Geographic, Cougar Portal, Cleo NZ, Empire, Shop Til You Drop, 30 Days of Fashion and Beauty 2012, Health and Wellbeing Weekend, Elle, Home, Food and Wine). You can log in to Cosmo with your existing account – just type in your email and password. Forgotten your password? No worries, we can send it to you.
Get the latest news straight to your inbox by signing up to our newsletter!