Thinking of having an outdoor wedding?15.08.2012
I’ve always imagined that if I ever tied the knot, I would be married by the beach in some exotic location, followed by a beautiful open reception by the water. But for some couples, just the thought of an outdoor wedding is enough for them to curl into a ball and rock back and forth. The mosquitoes, the flies, high-heels in the grass, unpredictable weather… there are simply too many things that could go wrong. So for those brides who are still undecided, allow me to present the pros and cons…
- Beautiful pictures. Nature is the perfect backdrop for your wedding photos – imagine you and your groom in front of a stunning sunset.
- Budget friendly. Having your wedding outdoors means you don’t have to hire a reception venue and you can also treat guests to a simple, but delicious barbecue feast. Plus there’s no need to fuss over decorations as your gorgeous backdrop is pretty enough for people to be impressed.
- Time saver. An outdoor wedding usually means that the ceremony, reception and wedding photos are all done in the same spot, which saves everyone from having to drive from one place to another. This is great as it means you can spend more time enjoying your special day with your guests.
- Wide space. If you’re planning a large wedding, the large open space of the outdoors means you should have more room for all your guests – this is especially useful if there will be children at your wedding.
- Mother Nature. You can’t predict the weather and obviously, this will be the biggest con of all.
- Discomfort. If it’s too cold, too windy or too hot, you and your guests may be uncomfortable
- Council permission. Unfortunately you can’t just set up a marquee wherever you like, and the council red-tape can often be tedious.
In my opinion, overall there are more pros than cons when it comes to outdoor weddings. If you make sure that you have a back-up plan in case of really bad weather, then everything will fall into place no matter what Mother Nature throws at you on the day. Remember, brides who plan indoor weddings worry about the weather too!
For more helpful stories about planning your special day, be sure to check out the new issue of Cosmo Bride – on sale now!
Images credit: studioimpressions.com.au
Cosmo Team Blog
The reactions shocked me.
Here’s a list of beauty apps I love and use.
Hold onto your Cons, we’re going in.
Those Friday night feels💗 @revlonanz
All pink errythang at today's @tigermist Eastland store opening. Doors open this afternoon Melbourne! 💕
Must read: Cosmo publisher @marinasgo's new book about smashing your career goals. 💪📖 #breakthrough signs by @justsayingirl
Scentsual healing 😍
Fridge goals☝️🍰 via @cosmobride #weddingwednesday
Sisters are doin' it for themselves ❤️ #metgala
Claire Danes wore a glow in the dark Zac Posen dress to the Met Gala and our life is MADE ✨🙌🏼💗 See all the looks on our website, link in bio. #rg @cosmobride
Everyone is SLAYING on the Met Gala red carpet ✨ See all the looks on our website RN, link in bio.
So Kit Harington is really, really sorry about tonight's Game of Thrones and now we know why😱 Read his apology on our website RN, link in bio.
Too much Monday, not enough coffee ☕️ #rg via @cosmobride