Thinking of having an outdoor wedding?15.08.2012
I’ve always imagined that if I ever tied the knot, I would be married by the beach in some exotic location, followed by a beautiful open reception by the water. But for some couples, just the thought of an outdoor wedding is enough for them to curl into a ball and rock back and forth. The mosquitoes, the flies, high-heels in the grass, unpredictable weather… there are simply too many things that could go wrong. So for those brides who are still undecided, allow me to present the pros and cons…
- Beautiful pictures. Nature is the perfect backdrop for your wedding photos – imagine you and your groom in front of a stunning sunset.
- Budget friendly. Having your wedding outdoors means you don’t have to hire a reception venue and you can also treat guests to a simple, but delicious barbecue feast. Plus there’s no need to fuss over decorations as your gorgeous backdrop is pretty enough for people to be impressed.
- Time saver. An outdoor wedding usually means that the ceremony, reception and wedding photos are all done in the same spot, which saves everyone from having to drive from one place to another. This is great as it means you can spend more time enjoying your special day with your guests.
- Wide space. If you’re planning a large wedding, the large open space of the outdoors means you should have more room for all your guests – this is especially useful if there will be children at your wedding.
- Mother Nature. You can’t predict the weather and obviously, this will be the biggest con of all.
- Discomfort. If it’s too cold, too windy or too hot, you and your guests may be uncomfortable
- Council permission. Unfortunately you can’t just set up a marquee wherever you like, and the council red-tape can often be tedious.
In my opinion, overall there are more pros than cons when it comes to outdoor weddings. If you make sure that you have a back-up plan in case of really bad weather, then everything will fall into place no matter what Mother Nature throws at you on the day. Remember, brides who plan indoor weddings worry about the weather too!
For more helpful stories about planning your special day, be sure to check out the new issue of Cosmo Bride – on sale now!
Images credit: studioimpressions.com.au
Cosmo Team Blog
12:08PM, May 19
Here’s a list of beauty apps I love and use.
10:13AM, May 14
Hold onto your Cons, we’re going in.
1:48AM, May 7
It must be, cos these moments were HILARIOUS
#TBT and #NeverForget 2001, gals. The Hilton sisters have put a classier spin on their sheer and nude outfits at the #amfAR gala. Check out all the hottest looks from the gala – link in bio👗
When you pull a face like this on the red carpet but you still look amazing because you're @blakelively 😁🙌🏼👑
We’re really, really, ridiculously excited to see Kanye, the Biebs and ALL of the celeb cameos in Zoolander 2, out today 😝🙌
Wednesdays are for bright as bright can be bouquets via @cosmobride 💐 #weddingwednesday
We're jumping into hump day with juicy bling🍓💍💅
When you’re deliberating which bag to take, but then you remember you’re Louise Roe, so you’ll look amazing regardless 👜💁
Thirsty? Good news: every March issue comes with a FREE @boost_juice Black Label Smoothie 🍇🍋🍏
@beyonce SLAYS at the Super Bowl 👑👑👑👑👑 Check out her "Formation" performance on our website RN 🙌🏼
Look what we fit inside a condom! Proving once and for all that the ‘too big’ excuse is total BS🍆🙊