Thinking of having an outdoor wedding?15.08.2012
I’ve always imagined that if I ever tied the knot, I would be married by the beach in some exotic location, followed by a beautiful open reception by the water. But for some couples, just the thought of an outdoor wedding is enough for them to curl into a ball and rock back and forth. The mosquitoes, the flies, high-heels in the grass, unpredictable weather… there are simply too many things that could go wrong. So for those brides who are still undecided, allow me to present the pros and cons…
- Beautiful pictures. Nature is the perfect backdrop for your wedding photos – imagine you and your groom in front of a stunning sunset.
- Budget friendly. Having your wedding outdoors means you don’t have to hire a reception venue and you can also treat guests to a simple, but delicious barbecue feast. Plus there’s no need to fuss over decorations as your gorgeous backdrop is pretty enough for people to be impressed.
- Time saver. An outdoor wedding usually means that the ceremony, reception and wedding photos are all done in the same spot, which saves everyone from having to drive from one place to another. This is great as it means you can spend more time enjoying your special day with your guests.
- Wide space. If you’re planning a large wedding, the large open space of the outdoors means you should have more room for all your guests – this is especially useful if there will be children at your wedding.
- Mother Nature. You can’t predict the weather and obviously, this will be the biggest con of all.
- Discomfort. If it’s too cold, too windy or too hot, you and your guests may be uncomfortable
- Council permission. Unfortunately you can’t just set up a marquee wherever you like, and the council red-tape can often be tedious.
In my opinion, overall there are more pros than cons when it comes to outdoor weddings. If you make sure that you have a back-up plan in case of really bad weather, then everything will fall into place no matter what Mother Nature throws at you on the day. Remember, brides who plan indoor weddings worry about the weather too!
For more helpful stories about planning your special day, be sure to check out the new issue of Cosmo Bride – on sale now!
Images credit: studioimpressions.com.au
Cosmo Team Blog
Just read this instead.
He deleted the tweet soon after, but here it is.
And it was all a bit boring.
Plunging necklines, Splits & Sparkle all trending on tonight's Logie's Red Carpet ✨ We'll be discussing all our fave looks online tomorrow.👗 #Logies
Cosmo's features editor @bectobasics is at #NTCTourSyd today working up a sweat with @nikewomen. It's like a gym/club hybrid!! 💦🙌🏼🙆🏻 #nikewomen #cosmoaustralia
Today marks the launch of Kiss Goodbye to MS month so naturally, Cosmo staffers are puckering up to raise awareness. Every day, 4 Australians will be diagnosed with the incurable disease - 3 of these will be women. Head to kissgoodbyetoms.org/ to help the cause. #kissgoodbyetoms
In this week’s #WomanonTop, @annaheinrich1 tells us how she juggles her double life of Criminal Lawyer/Celebrity, what she thinks of the gender pay gap and how @mrtimrobards keeps her fit. 😉 watch it now at cosmopolitan.com.au #AnnaHeinrich
PREACH @markruffalo!!! 🙌🙌🙌🙌
Beauty Director @leighacampbell caught up with the super inspiring @karen_walker this morning at the launch of her debut fragrance collection! 🎬 #karenwalkerfragrances
TGIF(E)! 🎉💃🍸(via @cosmopolitan)
Oh hey, brand new June Cosmo! (And you, @oliviapalermo.) Get your hands on one from Monday. You know you want to.👌😍
Cosmo's @stylebydeni caught up with the always fab @zotheysay today as she launches Yoplait's delish new Bon Appetit yoghurt range! 👌#yoplaitbonappetit
So exciting to hear @targetaustralia announce Dion Lee as their next designer collaboration! In stores July 2nd 👗 #dionleefortarget