Thinking of having an outdoor wedding?15.08.2012
I’ve always imagined that if I ever tied the knot, I would be married by the beach in some exotic location, followed by a beautiful open reception by the water. But for some couples, just the thought of an outdoor wedding is enough for them to curl into a ball and rock back and forth. The mosquitoes, the flies, high-heels in the grass, unpredictable weather… there are simply too many things that could go wrong. So for those brides who are still undecided, allow me to present the pros and cons…
- Beautiful pictures. Nature is the perfect backdrop for your wedding photos – imagine you and your groom in front of a stunning sunset.
- Budget friendly. Having your wedding outdoors means you don’t have to hire a reception venue and you can also treat guests to a simple, but delicious barbecue feast. Plus there’s no need to fuss over decorations as your gorgeous backdrop is pretty enough for people to be impressed.
- Time saver. An outdoor wedding usually means that the ceremony, reception and wedding photos are all done in the same spot, which saves everyone from having to drive from one place to another. This is great as it means you can spend more time enjoying your special day with your guests.
- Wide space. If you’re planning a large wedding, the large open space of the outdoors means you should have more room for all your guests – this is especially useful if there will be children at your wedding.
- Mother Nature. You can’t predict the weather and obviously, this will be the biggest con of all.
- Discomfort. If it’s too cold, too windy or too hot, you and your guests may be uncomfortable
- Council permission. Unfortunately you can’t just set up a marquee wherever you like, and the council red-tape can often be tedious.
In my opinion, overall there are more pros than cons when it comes to outdoor weddings. If you make sure that you have a back-up plan in case of really bad weather, then everything will fall into place no matter what Mother Nature throws at you on the day. Remember, brides who plan indoor weddings worry about the weather too!
For more helpful stories about planning your special day, be sure to check out the new issue of Cosmo Bride – on sale now!
Images credit: studioimpressions.com.au
Cosmo Team Blog
Here’s a list of beauty apps I love and use.
Hold onto your Cons, we’re going in.
It must be, cos these moments were HILARIOUS
This is NOT a drill. Subscribe to Cosmo before June 1, and receive 6 bonus issues to ELLE! Visit www.magshop.com.au/cosmo and enter the code H1506COS
In this week’s Woman on Top we chat to Environmental Scientist turned Plus Size Model @laurawellsmodel about her career & confidence. Laura's got some killer advice for y'all, watch it now at cosmopolitan.com.au 🎥#WomanOnTop
It's your favourite time of the month again - new Cosmo time! And @chrissyteigen is bringing her A-Game all over our July cover. Get yours from Monday. 🔥🔥🔥
Getting a sneak peek of the amazing Dion Lee for Target collection today! In stores July 2nd 💥 #DionLeeForTarget
Beauty Director @leighacampbell caught up with the amazing @shelley_barrett to chat all things @modelco_cosmetics for Cosmo TV 🎥 #staytuned
Coffee + @cosmobride = an excellent start to the day! Happy #weddingwednesday! Follow the @cosmobride team for tons of pretty party and wedding inspo #cosmobride #fun #love #letsparty Photo: @brigwarne
Checking out #Vivid Sydney from a fancy boat thanks to @Nokia #Lumix! Camera phone game STRONG.
All smiles on set today with the beautiful @annaheinrich1 💕
GO IRELAND! They've just become the first country to make gay marriage legal via popular vote. #EqualityRules 👏👏👏
In this week's Woman on Top @karen_walker sat down with Cosmo's @leighacampbell to discuss her new fragrance, business advice & just generally being a BOSS 👊 watch it now at cosmopolitan.com.au #WomanOnTop