I hope everyone enjoyed a fabulous Australia Day yesterday and for those that had to work today I hope it goes quickly!
I was lucky enough to spend the day at Sydney Big Day Out and it was amazing! Since I had so much fun I thought I should try my absolute hardest to convince you guys to hit up some great Aussie festivals (if you aren’t already) because there is quite literally something there for everyone to enjoy. To prove it my friends and I compiled a list of
Reasons to Love Festivals:
- The music – pretty obvious point (which is why it’s number one!) but BDO has such a variety of music there is no way all your friends can’t find someone to enjoy! And even though Kanye and Foster the People were awesome I have to say my favourite yesterday was definitely Boy & Bear!
- People-watching - this one may sound a little stalker-esque but there are just so many different kinds of people enjoying the day its kind of fun just to watch them for a while!
- Festival fashion – this one was top of my list and because I can’t describe all the sensational outfits I saw I have included a gallery of my favourite festival looks for you guys to check out yourselves.
- Meeting new people – festivals just seem to put people in a great mood, and why not? Day off from work, chance to dress up (or wear your bikini all day if that’s your style), chilling with mates. And when people are in a good mood you tend to chat more and make friends. Nothing wrong with making friends! (Just remember kids – don’t take candy from strangers and you’ll be safe!)
- Food – now we were too busy enjoying the music and taking photos of well-dressed-strangers to sample too much of the cuisine on offer but there definitely was a huge variety! From gozleme to nachos and everything in-between, again everyone will find something to quench their hunger.
Now if I haven’t convinced you enough check out my galleries from the day and see if they can help, because I could NOT recommend hitting up a festival this 2012 any more!
And also let me know how you guys spent your Australia Day! Did you have a quiet day enjoy the Top 100 or a hectic day with friends? Either way I hope you enjoyed it!!
Cosmo Team Blog
Just read this instead.
He deleted the tweet soon after, but here it is.
And it was all a bit boring.
Plunging necklines, Splits & Sparkle all trending on tonight's Logie's Red Carpet ✨ We'll be discussing all our fave looks online tomorrow.👗 #Logies
Cosmo's features editor @bectobasics is at #NTCTourSyd today working up a sweat with @nikewomen. It's like a gym/club hybrid!! 💦🙌🏼🙆🏻 #nikewomen #cosmoaustralia
Today marks the launch of Kiss Goodbye to MS month so naturally, Cosmo staffers are puckering up to raise awareness. Every day, 4 Australians will be diagnosed with the incurable disease - 3 of these will be women. Head to kissgoodbyetoms.org/ to help the cause. #kissgoodbyetoms
In this week’s #WomanonTop, @annaheinrich1 tells us how she juggles her double life of Criminal Lawyer/Celebrity, what she thinks of the gender pay gap and how @mrtimrobards keeps her fit. 😉 watch it now at cosmopolitan.com.au #AnnaHeinrich
PREACH @markruffalo!!! 🙌🙌🙌🙌
Beauty Director @leighacampbell caught up with the super inspiring @karen_walker this morning at the launch of her debut fragrance collection! 🎬 #karenwalkerfragrances
TGIF(E)! 🎉💃🍸(via @cosmopolitan)
Oh hey, brand new June Cosmo! (And you, @oliviapalermo.) Get your hands on one from Monday. You know you want to.👌😍
Cosmo's @stylebydeni caught up with the always fab @zotheysay today as she launches Yoplait's delish new Bon Appetit yoghurt range! 👌#yoplaitbonappetit
So exciting to hear @targetaustralia announce Dion Lee as their next designer collaboration! In stores July 2nd 👗 #dionleefortarget