"It'll change your life!" they say. "It's the ultimate multitasker." And while these claims are great and all, if we're being honest, we had no idea how to actually use it. Perhaps because it does so many things, it's hard to know where to start.
So, for the sake of clarity (and so we can start using our Fix+ spray to its fullest potential), we asked MAC Global Senior Artists Carol Mackie and Pinky for their two cents on how to use MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ ($36 at Mecca) the right way:
1. Use it as a base. Fix+ creates a smooth, even surface for makeup application.
2. If your skin is particularly dry (hello, winter!) moisturise as per usual and then follow with a spritz of Fix+. Sometimes, a lady needs two layers of hydration before she's ready to go.
3. Use it as a setting spray. Ah, duh! Once your makeup is in place, spray MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ all-over to lock it in place.
4. If you've applied too much powder, apply Fix+ to make your face look less powdery.
5. Use it to erase makeup mistakes. Messed up your winged liner? Take a cotton bud and spray it with Fix+ to clean up any little mistakes without making the situation worse.
6. Tone down your blush. If you went too hard with the blush, spritz a bit of Fix+ on a Beautyblender and dab, dab, dab. That way, you'll take off any excess without creating smudges.
7. Blend your foundation near your hairline. If you have tanned skin and blonde hair a la Margot Robbie, you probably need to blend around your hairline — otherwise, foundation might show up in your hair. Spritz some Fix+ onto a Beautyblender and "bounce" around the hairline for a seamless finish.
8. Use it to sheer out your foundation. If your foundation is a little too thick for everyday use, a little bit of Fix+ will thin it out. Spray onto a foundation brush or makeup sponge and blend all-over for a lighter finish.
9. Use it to give your eyeshadow a little more POP. Did you know that powdered pigment and eyeshadows become a lot more intense when mixed with Fix+?
10. Try Fix+ as a body moisturiser before you fake tan. You can't use a typical moisturiser before you fake tan. However, Fix+ is light and fast absorbing, meaning it won't make your skin greasy and mess up your tanning situation.
11. Spritz on collarbones, arms and legs before dusting on highlighter. Kylie Minogue eat your heart out!
12. Use it to sooth sunburn. Fix+ has camomile, green tea and cucumber extracts — perfect for sore, sunburnt skin.