The elusive secret to building abs isn't just be related to what you do in the gym, one Instagrammer has proven.
Fitness influencer Cass Hines from Mornington Peninsula in Australia posted a photo of her abs now compared with her stomach previously, and revealed her secret was actually all about how much she was eating.
"Sometimes I think its less about what you eat, and more about how much you eat as well as the timing of your meals," Cass wrote on the transformation picture. "The food I was consuming on the left admittedly, wasn't as healthy as it should have been but the bigger problem was my portion sizes."
Having been brought up to finish everything on her plate, 34-year-old Cass explained she had developed a habit of "overconsumption" that was only compounded by constant snacking on her four-year-old daughter's leftovers. But during a 5-day child-free break away, Cass and her partner tried altering their eating patterns, and they "both felt fantastic for it".
They felt so good, in fact, that they continued their new eating habits when they returned home. This consisted of three meals a day — a large breakfast, a medium lunch and a small dinner — as well as seven rules about how to eat, and she's seen effective results by sticking to it:
1. Always sit down at meal times... the car is no exception.
2. Eat with no distraction which includes having the TV on, reading a book, newspaper, phone etc.
3. Always try and eat with family or others.
4. Fill a small side plate with food, rather than a large dinner plate for lunch and dinner.
5. Consume a big glass of water prior to each meal.
6. My 4yo's snacks and meals are not an option.
7. Take my time with every mouthful at every meal.
Cass' post is an important reminder that, while exercise is always important, you also need to consider how much you eat, too, if you want to see results.
"I'm still able to eat the treats I want, but within reason, so watching my portions remains my big focus," Cass advised.
Follow Cat on Twitter.
Via: Cosmopolitan UK