There are many reasons why, despite loving SATC, we literally can't even deal with Carrie Bradshaw sometimes, and we've covered the reasons why in great detail. There's the fact she'd buy Vogue instead of dinner, all the times she was a terrible friend and made their issues all about HER, the times she was a walking inspirational Instagram quote…
But Carrie decides to ditch Aidan, a kind, gentle hulk of man. And she does it for grade-A douchebag 'Mr Big' who was somehow deemed better because of his wiggly eyebrows, wanky suits and a massive schlong, is, in my humble opinion, the worst decision she has ever made (yes, even worse than some of those headlines for her columns).
Let's take a minute to examine the theory that he was the perfect boyfriend (apart from the time he told her to get rid of her clothes, because um, had he even met her?!) and Carrie made a mistake in letting him go aka Team Aidan FOR LYFE.
1. Aidan was SO **STRONG. He** **made furniture. But he was also sensitive. That's unspeakably hot (and practical) **
A) He's good with hands, B) Lumbersexual goals all over the show and C) He would make a fine and sturdy piece of furniture you could have sex against.
2. He loved Carrie's flaws
3. He wasn't about sleeping around
Unlike SOMEONE on the show cough Mr Big cough.
4. He was kind to her friends - he came to Miranda's mum's funeral for god's sake
And he picked Miranda off the floor when she hurt her back after Carrie couldn't be arsed to go round. What a gent.
5. He wrestled with Big and you obviously wanted him to win
Any man that tries to fight for you is a bit silly but also chivalrous.
6. He took Carrie on a DELIGHTFUL mini break and she got all pissy about it
That trip to the country when she wore high heels and whined all the time was annoying because he OBVIOUSLY chose that remote cabin for a monumental sex fest soundtracked by nothing but birds.
7. He is the biggest DILF we've ever seen
No further comment needed.
8. He nursed Carrie and it was monumentally hot
OUR OVARIES ARE ACHING.
9. He liked eating junk food in bed, and goofing off in his pants
That kind of slobbish behaviour could be gross, but it shows he's relaxed and fun to be around too. Also why would you leave the bed to eat when AIDAN IS THERE AND HALF NAKED.
10. He bought Carrie a brand-spanking new laptop when her computer broke
OK, so the fact that Aidan chose it because it looked like a purse is a bit reductive, but he definitely had Carrie's best interests at heart. Also how many men do you know that would just buy you a lap top out of the blue? Roughly-hewn furniture must be lucrative.
- He wanted to see her all the time**
And she didn't want to see him. Fool.
12. Despite terrible taste in clothes and hair, he looked cute
We can ALMOST forgive the ill-fitting baseball cap and loud shirt. The leather choker, not so much.
13. Then he got his hair cut and WOAH
All is forgiven.
14. He swore on Chanel
Any man that agrees to do that ridiculous act of lunacy is a Saint.
- He had cute names for her**
'Pop tart' and 'gal' are sort of cute, really.
- He really wanted to 'figure Carrie out'**
In this day and age of Tinder and swiping, what boy can actually be arsed to do this?
- And he was brutally honest about relationship stuff **
Carrie wore his engagement ring around her neck - girl is NOT ready to put it on her finger.
18. **And last but not least... He took Carrie back AFTER SHE CHEATED **
Look at the pain on his face!
Laters, Aidan, you strong, sexy man.
Source: Cosmo UK