Cara Delevingne is the latest actress to come forward and accuse disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment.
On Wednesday, the supermodel-turned-actress took to her Instagram to release a statement that detailed alleged encounters with the 65-year-old, including claims that he tried to get her to kiss another woman in front of him during an audition and also made disparaging remarks about her sexual orientation.
"When I first started to work as an actress, I was working on a film and I received a call from Harvey Weinstein asking if I had slept with any of the women I was seen out with in the media," the 25-year-old wrote. "It was a very odd and uncomfortable call… I answered none of his questions and hurried off the phone but before I hung up, he said to me that if I was gay or decided to be with a women specifically in public, that I'd never get the role of a straight woman or make it as an actress in Hollywood."
Cara then went on to allege that years later she was invited to a hotel for a meeting with Weinstein. At first she was apprehensive about meeting the powerful exec in his room but says when she realised she wouldn't be alone with him she felt "safe".
"When I arrived I was relieved to find another woman in his room and thought immediately that I was safe," Delevingne wrote. "He asked us to kiss and she began some sort of advances upon his direction."
Confused and not really feeling comfortable, Cara managed to come up with a distraction and asked him whether he knew she could sing.
"And I began to sing ... i thought it would make the situation better ... more professional ... like an audition ... i was so nervous. After singing I said again that I had to leave," she said.
"He walked me to the door and stood in front of it and tried to kiss me on the lips. I stopped him and managed to get out of the room," she added.
Delevingne reveals that she did get the role, and made the movie (some suspect it was the Weinstein Company's 2014 film Tulip Fever, released in 2017) but said she "always thought that he gave it to me because of what happened."
Cara continued: "Since then I felt awful that I did the movie. I felt like I didn't deserve the part. I was so hesitant about speaking out....I didn't want to hurt his family. I felt guilty as if I did something wrong. I was also terrified that this sort of thing had happened to so many women I know but no one had said anything because of fear."
The Paper Towns actress' claims echos allegations made by actors Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie and Ashley Judd who have all accused Weinstein of sexually inappropriate behavior.
Cara followed up her Instagram post with another where she said she felt "relieved" to go public with her story.
"I want women and girls to know that being harassed or abused or raped is NEVER their fault and not talking about it will always cause more damage than speaking the truth," she wrote.
"I am relieved to be able to share this....i actually feel better and I'm proud of the women who are brave enough to speak....this isn't easy but there are strength in our numbers. "
Harvey Weinstein has since been dismissed from his position at The Weinstein Company and following the initial New York Times article, the Hollywood producer released a statement in which he said "I realised some time ago that I needed to be a better person and my interactions with the people I work with have changed. I appreciate the way I've behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it. Though I'm trying to do better, I know I have a long way to go."
His full statement can be read in full at The Times.