If there's one thing you bring to the 'entertainment capital of the world', it's great expectations – and let me tell you, Las Vegas sure surpasses them.
Highlights include epic entertainment; award-winning restaurants run by celebrated chefs; first-class shopping featuring the world's most ~luxurious~ brands; innovative, high-end spa resorts and seriously impressive hotels. And it looks pretty good, too. Situated in the breathtaking Mojave Desert, Las Vegas is surrounded by stunning mountain views and endless blue skies unlike anything you've ever seen before.
To truly appreciate the city's beauty, you need to see it from up high. The best way to do that is on the world's tallest observation wheel – aka the High Roller. Soaring 167 metres above the ground, it offers a sweeping view of the Las Vegas valley and main strip. Have your camera ready as the views are unforgettable!
If you're into heights and love a good laugh, the iconic SlotZilla zip-line in downtown Las Vegas guarantees good times. You'll fly Batman-style down Fremont Street and enjoy an amazing view while you're at it. Bucket list? Tick!
One thing to know about this bustling city is that it's full of hidden gems. You'll be surprised by the number of epic eateries and shopping opportunities.
The Aria Resort & Casino is a foodie paradise, with everything from fine dining to NYC-style pizza. So yum! If you're vegan like me, the Encore and Wynn hotels are the ultimate, with every restaurant offering a vegan option – the hotels themselves are gorgeous, too.
It goes without saying that Vegas is full of bright and bold gems begging to be put on the g'ram. Here are a few faves:
- Seven Magic Mountains. This spot is perfect for pics that pop and is so atmospheric. Swiss artist Ugo Rondinone created the colourful, large-scale artwork located in the desert outside Vegas that features seven totems comprised of painted, locally-sourced boulders. Beyoncé has visited and so should you!
- The Neon Museum. Nicknamed 'The Boneyard', this museum is way more fabulous than that sounds. Here you'll find some of the most iconic neon signs to ever call Vegas home, so you'll not only be leaving The Neon Museum with great shots, but also knowledge of the city's vast and epic history, too.
- Hotel Hopping The views from Caesars Palace and the Bellagio won't disappoint. Make your way along The Strip and see everything from the New York- New York to the Luxor, which pays homage to ancient Egypt. Another stand-out is The Venetian, taking you straight to Venice. The photo opps here are endless.
Forget lazing by the pool, Vegas is all about big, bold, OTT fun! Not sure where to start? We've got your itinerary sorted.
- Magic Mike Live! Watch the famous movie come to life with this intimate and stunning show. It features some seriously talented (and gorgeous) men who recreate your favourite moves. Grab your girls, some champers and make it a date! PSA: Channning Tatum has been spotted watching!
- Lip Smacking Foodie Tour. The number of food options this city has to offer can get overwhelming; so the Lip Smacking Foodie Tour is an ideal way to experience a host of iconic restaurants, in as little as two-and-a-half hours. You can choose from a range of packages that suit your mood.
- Absinthe at Caesars Palace. Absinthe is the show you see to say you've seen it all. It has a super clever mix of acrobatics, cabaret, and hilarious black comedy. You'll leave this show with a sore belly from laughing and will be talking about the out-of-this-world stunts for weeks.
- Helicopter ride over The Grand Canyon. Take Maverick Helicopters and experience the wow views of The Grand Canyon. As you fly over the Hoover Dam you'll see just how large Vegas truly is. Maverick also offers champagne and snacks on arrival. Winning!
- Shop, shop, shop! Just 15 minutes from the world-famous Las Vegas Strip is a hub of premium shopping outlets. The Las Vegas North Premium Outlets has everything you're after, including iconic American brands such as Tommy Hilfiger, GAP and Levi's – so have your wallet ready and your sneakers on because you're going to be there all day!
Brought to you by Las Vegas