All 90s kids know that the 10 year span right before the millennium was perhaps the most happenin' time for hair, filled with butterfly clips, tiger dye stripes and off-the-charts crimping.
Yup, Britney Spears was #hairgoals and the motto was 'the more mini buns you can fit on your head at once, the better'. While our hair taste has certainly.... changed, there is at least one 90s hair trends we're happy to see coming back: the half-up/half-down look.
Perf for those mornings when you wake up and just CBF to have hair, celebs are also keen to bring this one back S Club 7 style.
2 / 0
1. Kendall Jenner Kenny opts for a messy top knot to show off her bangin' brows while the rest of her hair flows free.
3 / 0
2. Khloé Kardashian Sister Khlo's on-board the half-up train too, pulling out bits of her bangs at the front to create a more flattering shape around her face. We're totes diggin' the cheerleader vibes btw <33
4 / 0
3. Kate Middleton Even the Royals are in on it, with Kate tying back the top half of her hair, adding a bit of variety to her signature princess blowout.
5 / 0
4. Lauren Conrad LC looks cute as a button with her high pony, taking a strand of hair and wrapping it around to hide the elastic (which is actually a great idea).
6 / 0
5. Chrissy Teigen If you have highlights in your hair, à la Chrissy T, this style is fab for showing off your tones from root to tip.
7 / 0
6. Kim Kardashian Hey, if it's good enough for Kim, it's good enough for us. Nuf said.
8 / 0
7. Ashley Olsen Ash knows what's up, using bobby pins to hold her high AF bun in place.
9 / 0
8. Gigi Hadid Gi keeps it casual by rockin' the look around town, but rather than letting any wispy bits fly around, she keep it sleek by tying up all the hair in front of her ears.
10 / 0
9. Gigi Hadid BUUUUT that's not to say she doesn't mix it up with the woke-up-like-this pony too (which looks equally amaze).
11 / 0
10. Zooey Deschanel Zooey's probs been reppin' this look for the longest, using the trick to prevent too much hair falling on her face - a legit problem for peeps with fringes.
12 / 0
11. Chloë Grace Moretz Effortless, yet SO chic Chloë.
13 / 0
12. Lucy Hale Lucy's tomboy topknot proves this look isn't just for the long-haired ladies.
14 / 0
13. Bella Hadid Did we mention the half-up style is also perf for travelling? Just ask Bells.
15 / 0
14. Chiara Ferragni Bloggers like Chiara even wear it to high end fashion shows, meaning it must be on-trend. Right? Right.
16 / 0
15. Dakota Johnson Dakota's all about that cool girl hair on the red carpet.
17 / 0
16. Kate Mara Literally, any hair is a go.
18 / 0
17. Ashley Benson When you've got super-voluminous hair like Ash, sometimes even just taking a few strands aside can help make you feel instantly more glam.