Beauty

This YouTuber's hair fell out after using a relaxer and we're never trying this at home

I could feel my hair coming out and going down my back and you could hear it splashing in the water.

By Laura Capon
youtuber hannah forcier hair

We've heard more than our fair share of beauty horror stories, but that still didn't prepare us for YouTuber Hannah Forcier's hair nightmare.

In her emotional video titled "How all my hair fell out by making one mistake", Hannah explained how she started experimenting with her hair colour.

"A year ago I went from having very long brown hair to bleaching it out for the first time ever and dying it pink. I want you guys to understand that I use my hair as a whole other thing to express myself and then the other day everything kind of changed."

Hannah bought a $20 drugstore relaxer cream, a product that chemically straightens your hair by breaking down the bonds (the opposite of a perm), thinking that it would help her her naturally curly hair.

"I bought this new product for my hair that I thought would help it and so I covered my hair in the cream, waited the correct amount of time and I got in the shower.

"I was trying to wash it out and it started feeling really clumpy. I could feel my hair coming out and going down my back and you could hear it splashing in the water.

"It started coming out in patches and then the more I tried to wash the product out to make sure that it was gone, the more I felt like my hair was coming out."

"I already knew it was really bad because I could see that the water wasn't going down the drain anymore."

After calling her roommate for help and rinsing off all of the relaxer, Hannah went to her local salon to see if they could repair the damage and salvage her hair.

"I told the salon I hadn't seen how bad it was, so I didn't want to look in the mirror. They flipped the chair around and took my hat off for me, and they told me that my hair was now too short and there was nothing they could do about it. The only thing that they could think to do was to just cut it all off."

Sadly Hannah learnt the hard way that relaxers shouldn't be used at home and should never be used on dyed hair (especially bleached), as the hair is already chemically damaged.

In a follow up video Hannah revealed that she did not want to name the specific product that she used and that she did not want to pursue legal action as she read the warnings about using on damaged hair before she tried it.

Watch Hannah's full video here:

Via: Cosmopolitan UK