Successful people create habits that help them focus on their goals, and then achieve them. It’s not about falling into daily patterns that become monotonous – it’s about knowing there are certain things you’ll accomplish every day, which helps set behaviours that will make you succeed in other aspects of your life, like your career.
We quizzed some of Australia’s top career women – who, by the way, you could have the chance to be mentored by when you enter our competition – about the three things they do every day, no matter what.
Roxy Jacenko, founder and director, Sweaty Betty PR
- Ensure I answer each and every email received – same day.
- Scan all online and print news sites so I am across what’s happening nationally.
- Have a green juice as if you don’t have your health you don’t have anything!
Lana Hopkins, CEO and founder, Mon Purse
- Practise gratefulness/say “I love you”.
Jan Fran, co-host, The Feed, SBS
- I do ONE thing every day and that’s drink coffee.
- I can’t even say with full authority that I shower every day and I’m not gonna even pretend like I meditate or exercise or salute the sun every day because I definitely do not. Best-case scenario, I do one of those things every month.
- The only other thing I do most days is meet deadlines. I’m big on deadlines and bigger on meeting them in work and life.
Cindy Batchelor, executive general manager, NAB Business, National Australia Bank
- Read the news headlines.
- Check in with my teenage boys.
- Celebrate the small wins in my business.
Shivani Gopal, founder, The Remarkable Women
- I wake up every morning at 5 and get to the gym – at least four times a week. It’s a great way to rejuvenate the body and mind, burn off stress hormones and have the feeling of already having the hardest part of the day done.
- I meditate to centre the mind.
- I follow a priority list based on the most important actions I need to act upon.
Andrea Ingham, director of sales, Spotify
- Tell my children Hunter and Isadora that I love them.
- Apply sunscreen.
- Drink green tea.
For your chance to win one of these inspirational women (or someone else) as your mentor for a year, enter our competition here, and pick up the April issue of Cosmopolitan with Hilary Duff on the cover for more information.