If you pay attention to any celebrity news these days, you're probably at least mildly familiar with Blac Chyna's name, although you might not be exactly sure why. You probably know that she's the former flame/baby mama of Kylie Jenner's current boyfriend, Tyga, and she's currently dating Kylie's older half-brother, Rob Kardashian, but where did she come from?
Well, welcome to our explainer! We'll tell you everything you need to know about the stripper-turned-Kim-Kardashian-BFF-turned-beauty bar impresario.
1. Blac Chyna isn't her real name. Her real name is Angela Renée White and she was born May 11, 1988 in Washington, D.C. She grew up in the surrounding area and went to Henry E. Lackey High School in Maryland.
2. She's had other not-real names, too. She began stripping at the age of 18 under the alias "Dora Renee." She attended Johnson and Wales University in Miami. While in school, she danced at Old Diamonds for a short while under the alias "Cream."
3. She's done a lot of modelling. Chyna has appeared on the cover of Dimepiece Magazine and posed in Straight Stuntin' Magazine, to name a few.
4. She's tiny. She's only 158cm!
5. She looks a lot like Nicki Minaj. She played Nicki Minaj's stunt double in Kanye West's "Monster" video. She talks about the experience in the video above.
6. Drake's a fan. Drake mentions her in his song "Miss Me." He raps, "Call the King of Diamonds and tell Chyna it'd be worth the flight," which harkens back to her stripper days at King of Diamonds in Miami.
7. Amber Rose is one of her besties. They're super supportive of each other and are seen together all the time.
8. Amanda Bynes wanted to look like her. When Amanda was going through her blonde-bangs-and-cheek-piercing phase, she told In Touch, "I want to look like Blac Chyna."
9. She went to Kim and Kanye's wedding. Blac Chyna and her ex Tyga attended Kim and Kanye's wedding although they haven't been Instagrammed together since Tyga started dating Kim's younger half-sister Kylie Jenner.
10. She's a beauty mogul. In 2013, she went to JLS Professional Make Up Artist School and now owns a beauty salon in Encino, Calif. called "Lashed Bar." It offers services such as a $20 fast facial, brow tinting, and every type of body wax. She also has her own brand of fake eyelashes called, "Lashed."
11. She and Tyga have a child together. Tyga and Chyna met in Octobler, 2011 at the the F.A.M.E Tour After Party and their love bloomed while shooting the music video for Tyga's single "Rack City." Almost a year later, their son, King Cairo Stevenson was born and they moved into a mansion in Calabasas, California, aka Kardashian Command Central. The couple split in 2014 and (it's speculated) Tyga began dating Kylie Jenner.
12. She dates Rob Kardashian. In January of 2016, these two got together and it's perfect.
13. She's had a little trouble with the law. She was arrested on Jan. 29, she was escorted from an airplane at the Austin, Texas airport and booked on charges of both public intoxication and possessing "1 gram or more but less than 4 grams" of a controlled substance.
Source: Cosmo US