The way things are going right now, you'd have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a proper glimpse at Kylie Jenner, who is reportedly pregnant with her first child, and set to give birth very soon. (She might have even had said baby for all we know.)
So when a new photo started making rounds on the internet, and claimed to be shots of pregnant Kylie buying razors in a CVS store in Calabasas, people went into sleuth mode to suss out whether these are the real deal.
Let's analyse the actual photo:
- OK, she kind of looks like Kylie. But Kylie's look is also easy to imitate, and this shot isn't clear and front-on.
- That does look like a baby bump, and the decision to wear a huge, oversized hoodie is rather Kylie-esque.
- At the same time, she kind of doesn't look like Kylie, but we know that a person's appearance can change slightly when they're pregnant (swelling and whatnot).
But let's think about everything else:
- Kylie has been MIA for months. She's only appeared on episodes of Keeping Up With the Kardashians via super-cropped FaceTime calls — even when big sister Khloé Kardashian told everyone else she was pregnant at a family BBQ — and has been very quiet on social media, which she's usually all over.
- It's been reported that Kylie hasn't left her house in months. Why would she risk that for a quick run to CVS when there are 20 people who could do it for her?
- Paparazzi have probably been camping outside her house for half a year, and not one could get a proper shot of her at CVS? C'mon.
BuzzFeed has even done a ~deep-dive investigation~ into whether this is really Kylie or not, even comparing the person in the photo's toes to Kylie's actual toes. (Look, sometimes you need some respite from all the other stuff happening in the world at the moment, even just briefly.)
So the jury is still out on whether this photo is the real deal… but for now, given the evidence and how hard Kylie has worked to not be photographed, we don't think it's really her.
We would love, however, for Kylie's pregnancy to be confirmed once and for all just so we know!