If you could go back in time and deliver a message to yourself, what would you say?
Model Stephanie Smith can think of at least 10 pearls of wisdom to share with her teenage self.
Now, the 23-year-old is obsessed with wellness. So much so, she recently co-founded Keep It Cleaner with her BFF Laura Henshaw — an all-encompassing health program, ft. workouts, recipes and mindfulness exercises.
Here, she shares the 10 things she’d tell her teenage self. Over to you, Steph:
1. Be nicer to mum. You will see that she's right about everything one day.
2. Spend more time in your later teen years with nan and pop. You will miss them terribly when they're gone.
3. Don't stress about boys. The right one was there all along.
4. Don't compare yourself to other girls so much. You're perfectly fine the way you are. This is one of the reasons Laura and I started Keep It Cleaner — to help girls discover the best in themselves.
5. Never stop playing team sports like netball! Your 23-year-old-self misses it!
6. Follow your dreams but attack them one small step at a time.
7. Do not cut yourself a side fringe. You will be trying to grow it out for the rest of your life.
8. Stop saying you 'don't like' foods you've never tried!
9. Look up to people as motivation but don't obsess over them.
10. Enjoy your childhood years. Play with your toys for as long as you can, play backyard cricket and jump on the trampoline. Get outside and be a total kid — even in your teens. You have your whole life ahead of you to do adult things.