1. Asking a clothing salesperson to grab you a larger size. Sizing is a total free for all: Some brands cut their clothing on the smaller side, while others make their garments extra roomy. Either way, you're the only one who sees the tag — and it says nothing about how awesome you look in that top.
2. Seeing an unflattering photo of yourself. So the camera caught you at a bad angle, or the lighting was shitty. You're the only one who's scrutinising your arm fat or freaking out over the size of your pores — trust!
3. Being told you're a particular body type. Yes, comparing one’s body to a fruit shape is pretty stupid. But the thing about women shaped like "apples" and "pears" is that they're each sexy in their own right.
4. Being boxed into a particular face shape. Oval? Square? Round? For every face shape that's out there, there's a gorgeous celebrity who has one.
5. Dropping to your knees when you do a pushup. You're not an embarrassment to women everywhere — you're a work in progress. Practicing pushups on your knees can help you perfect your form and build the strength you need to do a proper pushup. (And it totally beats struggling through full pushups with improper form, which can ultimately lead to injury.)
6. Getting totally winded after walking up a couple flights of stairs. Adding an incline increases the intensity of exercise. That's why it's harder (even for fit people!) to walk up a flight of stairs than equidistant on level ground. It doesn't mean you're out of shape. You're just more conditioned for other types of activity.
7. Skipping a gym workout. While you should try to move your butt at least a little every day, there's no crime in taking a hiatus from the gym. No one needs to sweat buckets every single day — and it takes more than one skipped workout to mess with your health or destroy your body.
8. Falling behind in a new fitness class. For all you know, the girl to your left has been training for an Ironman race and the girl to your right has been practicing yoga since she was in the womb. Or they've been coming to this class on the regular for years. Just because people around you are uber-fit doesn't mean you are out of shape or pitifully uncoordinated.
9. Your bra size. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the tag says so long as the bra does its job without making you uncomfortable.
10. When stockings cut you off at the waist. Even the skinniest people can suffer from a little spillover. It's uncomfortable, but it doesn't say anything about your body type — and shouldn't make you feel badly about whatever you're working with.
11. Stomach rolls when you sit. When you flex your spine, your belly needs somewhere to go. It's simple logistics that shouldn't feel embarrassing.
12. When your boyfriend wears a smaller pant size than you do. It doesn't matter if you can't squeeze a leg into his skinny jeans: Men and women tend to be built differently, and clothing silhouettes reflect that. Besides, it's not a competition.
13. When your mum's hand-me-downs are too small for you. There's no rule that says you're supposed to be smaller than your mum. When you rid yourself of that expectation, you'll feel much better.
Source: Cosmopolitan US