This post contains spoilers for GLOW season two, which is now streaming on Netflix.
As Sam (Marc Maron) tells Ruth (Alison Brie) in the final seconds of the GLOW season two finale, she's going to hate Vegas. Too bad, because that's where the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling are headed to as the credits roll. Thanks to strip club owner Ray (Horatio Sanz), the father of one of Justine's classmates, there's an opportunity for the GLOW girls to take their live show to the desert without breaking their contract with the TV station. They won't be showgirls, but instead, headliners primed to be on the same level as Wayne Newton and Siegfried and Roy, who were huge in Las Vegas in the '80s.
While Netflix has yet to confirm whether or not season three is a go, season two does leave plenty of open-ended storylines. Here are some thoughts to mull over as everyone waits for the streaming service to make the big announcement, hopefully Bash Howard-style.
1. When will Carmen get a break? The look of Carmen's (Britney Young) face when Ruth takes the GLOW crown in the season two finale is heartbreaking, but not as heartbreaking as her reaction to Bash's surprise wedding with Rhonda. All season long, viewers were led to believe that something was going to happen between Carmen and Bash, but just like a typical wrestling story, there's a twist, and that twist has come with a cost in Carmen's heart. I mean, even her brothers got more screen time than she did in the finale. Will someone give Carmen the spotlight? Please?
2. Will Rhonda and Bash stay married? Assuming that he did follow up on his promise to take her to city hall the next morning to officially seal the deal, Bash is now Rhonda's husband. But as she said to him the night of the GLOW wedding, she's not feeling "that way… yet." Did he only marry her to keep the GLOW cast intact? Or does he really have feelings for her? Also, the look on their faces on the bus to Vegas says everything you need to know about these newlyweds.
3. Will Sam try to pursue Ruth? Russell the camera guy isn't in Vegas. Sam is. Just sayin'. And FYI: you bet I read way too much into the fact that Sam and Ruth are sitting together on the bus to Vegas. She could've sat with Carmen, who's beside an empty seat. Or she could've hung out with Sheila in the back. But no, she's with Sam. And as lovely as Russell and that mustache of his are, I ship Suth (Sam + Ruth).
4. Won't someone read their paperwork for once? It's not uncommon for networks to own things like characters on a TV show, but if this had been the case, and if someone had actually read every single line on their contracts, Debbie and Bash probably wouldn't have had to waste time tricking potential buyers into coming to their live show. Didn't Debbie give a thorough reading of her own contract to demand a producer role? Did she gloss over the part where it says KDTV is actually trash?
5. Will Ruth follow Debbie's lead and demand an official second role? Ruth the director has a nice ring to it, and Sam seems to trust her again. Give this woman the title — and pay — she deserves.
6. Does Debbie have a drug problem? Doing cocaine on screen once doesn't make Debbie an addict, but that, combined with her drinking, gave a preview of what she's capable of when she's not sober — breaking people's limbs, forgetting to pick up her son from daycare, freaking TF out about everything. It's a subject that's barely explored throughout the season, despite the fact that Sam is probably still a regular user, so it would be interesting to see how this plays out.
7. Justine will be back, right? After a full season of GLOW with her dad, Justine heads home with her mom Rosalie, who turns out to be not so bad. When Justine asks Sam if he's ever going to visit, he doesn't sugarcoat it. "Probably not. But you have a room here. And we'll work on Rosalie. But you've got to stop lying to her because it's not helping your case." While her mom probably won't let her visit Sam in Vegas (if this is what season three will be about), anything else is 100 percent better than going to New York with Billy. Really glad she didn't go through with that plan.
8. Is Sam a total DILF? He did a good thing for once – being a dad to Justine and sending her home. Does this make him hot? I think so. Is the most attractive thing about Sam his personality? Or that salt and pepper hair? Look at this and let yourself feel things.
Be honest, there's no wrong answer.
SOURCE: Cosmopolitan US