So what does it mean, exactly?
Well, for those playing at home, being extra means you’re over the top! You’re excessive! You tend to overreact! You’re a drama queen! You use exclamation marks even when they’re not necessary! Exclamation mark!
Chances are, if you’re extra AF, you already know it. However, here at 15 signs to confirm your status as the most ~extra~ person in your friendship group:
1. You’ve have so many close encounters with death, you’ve lost track. You: “When I saw the hot new barista at the café down the road, I like, DIED.”
2. Come to think of it, your friends have had a lot of close encounters too. Also you: “Omg, you guys are going to DIE when you see my new outfit.”
3. You don’t understand the concept of a budget weekend away. Never have, never will…
4. Your coffee order is so complex, you need to take breath halfway through ordering. ‘Cause a ‘half-shot decaf soy cappuccino with extra sprinkles, hold the foam’ is quite a mouthful.
5. You will travel far and wide to find the exact food you’re craving. If Woolworths is sold out of your favourite Pilpel Hummous Dip, you’ll walk to every supermarket in the city until you find it.
6. Your handbag is almost as big as you are. While a small bag is cute for a night out, on a day-to-day basis, an extra AF lady needs something that will carry everything she could possibly need. I.e. makeup, perfume, deodorant, a hairbrush, the kitchen sink…
7. Okay, so most things you own are oversized. You’re into big hats, long fingernails, oversized sunglasses, large Range Rovers, so on and so forth.
8. You think that everyone younger than you is “like, 12.” You: “She was in the grade below us in school so she’s like, 12.” Your friend: “Dude, she’s 30.”
9. You start planning your outfit for an event a month out. If not earlier. You need time to order two to three options from ASOS, try them on, send pictures to all of your friends for their opinion and then send back the two dresses that didn’t make the cut.
10. You spend a lot of time in the mirror trying to look effortless. ‘Cause good things take time.
11. You have a hairdresser, beautician, nail artist and tanning salon on speed dial and you’ll DIE if they’re not available at short notice.
12. You hate making dinner reservations but you also hate being put on a wait list. The solution? Ask your boyfriend to make the reservation for you. That way, you don’t have to wait and you don’t have to talk to a stranger. Problem solved!
13. You think that your life would make the ~best~ reality TV show. Forget about Keeping up with the Kardashians, the world should be keeping up with YOU.
14. Your favourite word is no. Some would say it’s your catch phrase.
15. You enjoy the finer things in life.
16. You can pretty much turn anything into an ~extra~ activity. Just add heels and a full face of makeup!
17. You wait until you’re introduced to someone until you claim to know them. Even if you 100 per cent know who they are.