Kmart, what a place. Whether you're on the hunt for a new toaster, cheap festival shoes, or an entire house worth of furniture (costing less than $300), it's never let you down. I mean, I don't use the word 'lifechanging' very often but, gotta give props where props are due. Like, what even was life before Kmart?
If you can identify with all of these #feels, we've rounded up a list of other things you can probably relate to. Here are 23 things you only understand if you're completely, utterly and hopelessly OBSESSED with the discount department store.
1. You always gotta bring a car to Kmart, ‘cos you tried catching public transport once and ended up taking a steamer home on the bus like a total pov.
2. You get a trolley the moment you walk in, because you know you're gonna need it.
3. You notice when they’ve reorganised the store and feel the irrational need to comment on it like, ‘I see what you did there. I like what you’ve done with the place.’
4. You feel like a kween ‘cause you get so much for your damn money.
5. Every new aisle is like an adrenaline rush full of possibilities and totally smart purchases that will make your life infinitely easier.
6. You’ve legit lost track of time while you’ve been deep in the shopping zone.
7. Like, not to make a big deal about it or anything, but you're a member of invite only Facebook groups dedicated to Kmart.
8. Scanning the accessories rack like, OMFG THAT’S ACTUALLY REALLY CUTE?!
9. You’re there so damn often you know the range better than the staff. In fact, you’ve helped other customers find what they’re looking for.
10. When you ask ur friend like 'omg where did you get those lamps', and they said 'Kmart!' and you're both like:
11. Their ~incred~ homewares range has turned you into a low-key interior designer.
12. Your house is basically one big brochure for the friggin’ store.
13. You know the product range so well, you start noticing it everywhere! Doctor's surgeries, friend's houses, nail salons...
14. The plates? Surprisingly first class.
15. You've layby-ed Kmart shiz before and then forgotten what it even was.
16. TFW you randomly remember the closest Kmart is open until MIDNIGHT.
17. Hitting up the shoe section for your next pair of festival footwear like:
18. FAKE FUCKING PLANTS MY GOD .
19. Waiting for a mate to move out so you can have another excuse to go furniture shopping.
20. You can’t help but #humblebrag about how little you spent on an item when someone compliments it.
21. Heck, sometimes you just buy stuff ‘cos it’s cheap AF, even though you have absolutely no fucking use for decorative wall hooks or trippy glass vases.
22. And you’re forced to re-evaluate your life decisions every time you reach the checkout and the total comes in at three figures.
23. Basically, you always go in saying, ‘I only need one thing’. You, two hours later: