Q: How much do we love summer?
A: THIS MUCH!
Alas, all good things must come to an end and summer is nearly over. Meaning, there is no time like the present to really get out there and enjoy the sunshine.
If you live in Sydney – or happen to be visiting Sydney in the near future – here are 7 things to do before the end of summer.
1. Enjoy a cocktail (or five) with friends at one of Sydney’s best rooftop bars and beer gardens.
2. Chill out at one of Sydney’s top notch swimming spots.
Shout out to Bondi Icebergs for having one of the most iconic views of all time! If you fancy a swim closer to the city, Andrew (Boy) Charlton Pool has some pretty stunning views of the harbour. Or, you could always head north to Cremorne Point to make the most of breathtaking Sydney Harbour views as you enjoy a dip at Maccallum Pool. Win, win, win!
3. Catch Disney’s Aladdin the Musical before March 26.
The theatrical production of Aladdin features some of the most impressive costumes and set design that we’ve seen since The Lion King. You will lose your shit. (In a good way.)
4. Assemble the squad and head to Watson’s Bay Hotel for Aperol Sunday’s at the Beach Club.
There are $10 Aperol Spritzes on offer. Need we say more?
5. Check out the scenery at the Australian Open of Surfing.
The World Surf League's (WSL) best will hit Manly Beach to launch the country's largest surf, skate, music and lifestyle festival from 25 February – 5 March. Oh, and The Jezabels are the headlining the music sitch.
6. Max relax at one of the three outdoor cinemas.
Now is the time to head to an outdoor cinema! There’s The Sunset Cinema in North Sydney, Ben and Jerry’s Openair Cinema in Bondi OR Moonlight Cinema in Centennial Park.
7. Enjoy a gig with a million dollar view at Taronga Zoo.
PSA: Taronga Zoo are throwing a summer concert series until March 11. Tegan and Sara are playing on Thursday, 9 March. Just sayin’.