There has been a large Younger-sized hole in our lives ever since we binged watched the fourth season and were left on the crummy cliff-hanger of Josh getting hitched in Ireland.
After admitting to Liza that he's always been in love with her, but that he needed to drive a wedge between them, Josh married Claire — right in front of his ex-girlfriend. Meanwhile, while Liza is watching the ceremony, her phone (which is locked away from her) rings with a call from Charles. Which only means one thing…
THE LOVE TRIANGLE IS BACK, BABY!
We've waited patiently for any hints or spoilers for the next season of the show, but now that the season five trailer has dropped, we know so much more!
This is what we've learned from the trailer — which you can watch in full at the top of this post:
- Younger is coming back to our screens this winter, on June 6, 2018.
- Liza is still preachy AF
- Kelsey is seeing two dudes at once — one being Zane (from last season) and a new suave looking fella.
- Charles looks like he's having a mental breakdown about having to "hide so much" of his life — which he reveals to his ex-wife during a heated chat. He says, "I just can't do it anymore," but what is this referring to? His fake relationship with his ex-wife or his very real but very secret relationship with Liza?!
- Diana is still as sassy and hilarious as ever.
- Maggie's advice to Liza is to, "Sneak around and ~do it~ like 30 times until the novelty wears off."
- Josh and Liza have a heart to heart, where he says to her, "We were never real." But we have a sneaking suspicion that he's not talking about his situation with Liza, but actually about his sham marriage with Claire.
- Maggie has a new lady friend — who looks freakishly like Charles' ex-wife. Just saying…
- Diana goes on a date with her plumber! YAS KWEEN.
- It also looks like Diana gets to know Liza's mates a bit more, and is seen hanging out with Lauren.
- Liza gives Charles a transcript of sorts (whilst wearing one heck of a power suit, BTW), leaving Charles with a seriously shocked face. He says, "Wait, how did you—" and Liza replies with, "I didn't run away." That sounds like a dig to us!
- As for the transcript, we have a sneaking suspicion that this may be Liza's first book. The cover text is pretty hard to make out, but what our tired eyes can see it looks like the title begins with a 'D' and the second word in the title might be 'Happy' or 'Heart'.
We honestly can't wait for this season to kick start!