1. You respond to most dating propositions like this:
2. Most of the time, you get freaked out if anyone shows interest in you.
3. You have no real desire to "put yourself out there."
4. You know your singleness is a teeny bit your own fault.
5. But you also can't help but be annoyed by 99 percent of people.
6. It's as if you have an aversion to basic friendliness.
7. The only people you want to date are completely unattainable.
8. But you can't help but fall for exactly who you can't have.
9. You end up disappointed pretty much all the time.
10. You have to actively manage your naturally high expectations.
11. You're not the type to date someone only because they're nice.
12. You can't change the high standards you have for yourself.
13. Which, unfortunately, makes finding someone tolerable feel impossible.
14. You reject people so often, you just want to post a disclaimer.
15. You refuse to feel too bad about it.
16. Because you won't settle for anything less than the best.
17. And you won't lose hope yet.
Via: Cosmopolitan US