1. Go on a museum date. Art! And staring at things instead of talking.
2. Have a sleepover at the zoo. Twilight at Taronga have V-Day packages, Roar and Snore, for their concert series - for those who enjoy live music, romance, animals and canapés. So... basically everyone. Contact the Roar and Snore team on 02 9978 4791.
3. Take a long walk together. You don't need a destination because you have each other. Aww. Here are the best places to hike in Australia.
4. Have dinner and see a movie. Eating food and watching someone tell you stories is a classic for a reason.
5. Go on a picnic. Few things are more romantic than packing up an old-fashioned picnic. If you've never done this, now's the time.
6. Go horseback riding. You both might get thrown from the horse and then you'll get to spend your lives together in a hospital bed. So cute.
7. See a movie outside. Go to the Ben & Jerrys open air cinema. It's like seeing a regular movie except outdoors. There are showings in Sydney and Canberra on V-Day night.
8. Take a cooking class. One word, one movie. Ratatouille. (Surprisingly sweet love story there too!) Here are some of the best.
9. Go waterskiing. It's like regular skiing except with more water.
10. Grab drinks at a bar. Go to your favourite bar or a totally new bar or a bar you'd never go in. Mix it up!
11. Go to a party together. Maybe they're your friends, maybe they're mutual friends. Either way, you get out of the house and into someone else's free booze.
12. Fly a kite. This is surprisingly wonderful because no one ever does this and you feel a little bit like a kid again. Perfect. Also great for those days that are too windy for sun-baking.
13. Go to the beach. Gorgeous water, lots of sun, and both of you are kind of naked!
14. Go to trivia night at a bar. What's more fun than proving you know more than the person you're on a date with? Nothing. If you’re in Sydney, head to Tuxedo bar for Friends trivia. Yes, we said Friends trivia. Could we BE more excited?!
15. Go to a sports game. Watch other people win and lose and sit there and judge them. Plus, between the A League, NRL and AFL there’s bound to be SOMETHING you guys enjoy (even if it’s just a good perve on your part).
16. Go to a water park. You're kind of naked and there are slides! Wet ‘n’ Wild always goes down a treat.
17. Grab some spaghetti. Make like Lady and the Tramp and grab some spaghetti. Carbs and kisses - what more could you ask for?! And here's a tip for free: Forgo the actual cooking and order in. Get spaghetti to share on Menulog:
Piccolo Pizza, Fortitude Valley, QLD
Stasera Ristorante, Graceville, QLD
Pizza Pasta Bene, Mosman, NSW
Made In Italy, Castle Hill, NSW
Bocca Grande, Mill Park, VIC
Nat’s Place, Bundoora, VIC
18. Go to a haunted house. If it's scary, it'll bring you closer. If it's cheesy, you can make fun of it, which will bring you closer. Win-win. Alternatively, visit Picton Tunnels. That shiz is FREAKY.
19. Go to a workout class. The couple that fails at hip-hop dance together stays together.
20. Go bird watching. If it gets boring you can just go have sex.
21. Go on a brewery tour. Usually there are samples so you can get drunk in a place that's like a giant wine glass. Hunter Valley, anyone?
22. Go to a bookstore. You haven't read that???
23. Go to a record store. You haven't heard that???
24. Make dinner together. This is great because even if it sucks, you made that mess together.
25. Play Twister. You know how this ends.
26. Go to karaoke. Making fun of yourself is always a turn-on. And you will definitely do that.
27. Go to the botanical gardens. Gorgeous flowers everywhere make everything smell and look amazing. Nothing is better.
28. Play board games. Play Clue and stop midway through to figure out who took off your pants in the study.
29. Go bowling. If you hate bowling, there are always the ones with alcohol.
30. Play laser tag. Is this for kids? No. Well, yeah, but that doesn't make it any less fun.
31. Go to a pottery class. One word, one movie: Ghost.
32. Ride go-karts. Loser has to give the winner a (sensual) massage.
33. Go to the roller rink. There are ACTUAL roller discos on that you can buy REAL tickets to.
34. Sign up for Tough Mudder. Some people think this is fun.
35. Go paintballing. Take out some of that pent-up aggression.
36. Go to a concert. Go see some local band in your town or a giant arena show.
37. Go strawberry picking. There's something eternally cute about even the mere act of asking someone to go strawberry picking with you that you don't even really have to go strawberry picking. It still counts.
38. Go skydiving. If you're particularly ballsy. Or you've got a death wish.
39. See a comedy show. There's a 25 percent chance you'll actually see someone funny and a 100 percent chance you'll get drunk meeting your drink minimum.
40. Head to an amusement park. Movies make these seem so romantic, but in reality, you're going to lose $50 trying to win a giant stuffed penguin smoking a joint.
41. Go sightseeing. Take a day trip and check out all the exciting landmarks in a city near you. We live in Australia, guys. EVERYTHING is beautiful.
42. Rent a hotel room ...and have crazy animal sex all night.
43. Head to a convention. See if something interesting is around and grab tickets for a day. There's always something — tattoos, comics, music, etc. — around.
44. Go scuba diving. Alternatively, snorkelling. Or swimming with sharks. Or anything.
45. Swim with dolphins. This will change your life.
46. Have an arcade date. When was the last time you competed for the highest score at Timezone? Exactly.
47. Take a pole dancing class together. This is sexy and funny (and a legit workout).
48. Go to Ikea and build a cabinet together. You might not call this a date, but getting through this together will make or break your relationship.
49. Stay in and cuddle. Simple, yet effective.
50. Go to the circus. When was the last time you were at the circus?