That’s too many women.
Cosmo has banded together with influencers, celebrities and survivors of gender-based violence — including Sam Frost, Georgia Love and the Thinkergirls — to shine a light on the red flags that all too often precede physical violence. Together we can put an end to violence against women once and for all.
Watch the video above to get educated.
How to get help
- CALL 000: If you fear for your immediate safety
- GO TO THE POLICE: If you’ve been the victim of violence, assault or harassment and want to report it,
or if you fear your partner or someone else, especially if they’re threatening violence.
- GO TO YOUR NEAREST HOSPITAL: If you are injured.
- CALL 1800RESPECT: Telephone counselling is available 24/7, whether you’re seeking help for yourself, a friend, colleague or relative, or simply want some advice on handling a situation.
- SPEAK TO FAMILY, FRIENDS OR A DOCTOR/COUNSELLOR: If you are worried about your relationship or about someone else in your life, confide in someone close or go to a medical professional, who will be able to lend you support.