Good Morning America reports on the letter that convicted Stanford rapist Brock Turner's mum, Carleen Turner, sent to Judge Persky, ahead of her son's sentencing. It was released to the public today along with various other documents from the case and unsurprisingly, it's just as upsetting as the deluded letter his father, Dan A. Turner wrote the judge.
In the letter, Carleen says sending Brock to jail would be a "death sentence," and that he would "not survive," and he "damaged forever."
"I beg of you, please don't send him to jail/prison. Look at him. He won't survive it. He will be damaged forever and I fear he would be a major target. Stanford boy, college kid, college athlete -- all the publicity," Carleen Turner wrote. "This would be a death sentence for him."
"He has never been in trouble, never even had a demerit in high school, he studied, swam worked hard," she shared. (Which is actually a lie — Brock has previously been arrested for underaged drinking.) "His dreams have been shattered by this. No NCAA Championships. No Stanford degree, no swimming in the Olympics (and I honestly know he would have made a future team), no medical school, no becoming an Orthopedic surgeon."
Carleen went on to share about how the verdict "destroyed" her family.
"I know what a broken heart feels like. It is a physical pain that starts just below the collar bone and extends to below the rib cage, it is a crushing and heavy ache that feels like I am being squeezed. This feeling has not left my body since the verdict. This verdict has destroyed us," she wrote.
Of course, Brock's victim, the unconscious woman he raped behind a dumpster, is not mentioned once in Carleen's three-and-a-half page plea.
You can read the entire letter here.
Meanwhile, it’s alleged that Brock took a photo of his victim’s breasts during the assault and sent it to some friends.
According to the Daily Mail, after Turner was arrested he received a text via GroupMe that said “Whos [sic] tit is that.” Turner appeared to have sent the photo with the message “Bonessss.” Police were unable to access the photo because somebody on the app deleted it (any member of a group can delete a message on GroupMe).
Brock plans to appeal his conviction and is expected to be released three months early on September 2.