1. It's, you know, sex. And one of only a couple ways to have an orgasm, which is pretty great in and of itself. For most people, this is pretty high on the list of reasons to have sex. In some cases, it's all about the journey, but the orgasm is a pretty great destination regardless of how you arrive there. If I need to explain to you why an orgasm is great, then get off this website and go tell your parents to install parental controls on your computer.
2. It'll be the happiest you are all day. Sex releases endorphins, which are a great cure for a bad mood. Bad day at the office? Bang. Just feeling sort of down? Bang. You really can't be that upset after sex.
3. Your power is out. Your options are basically read by candlelight or have sex. Guess which one isn't going to be a strain on your eyes.
4. You're about to go on holidays and don't want to get sick. Studies show that sex can actually strengthen your immune system. So if you're worried about getting sick, just have sex. It might not be as efficient as a flu shot, but it's definitely the more fun way to have something stuck inside you of the two.
5. You haven't done it in a while. You don't want to get rusty. Make sure you still got it.
6. Your boss was so mean to you today. If it's stressing you out, have sex. Getting it on can actually lower your blood pressure and alleviate stress. Plus, getting naked yourself is way more fun than picturing all those weirdos at work naked anyway.
7. Your vibrator is out of batteries. This is the better alternative even if your vibrator isn't out of batteries.
8. You didn't go to the gym but you don't want to be completely lazy. Sex counts as exercise, so if you can't be motivated to drive there and spend an hour lifting weights, have sex instead. You won't even realise you're exercising.
9. There's a knot in your shoulder you can't work out. Sex can actually relieve aches and pains, so if you're feeling sore or you slept on your neck weird, have sex.
10. You just got out of the shower. You're already naked! You're pretty much halfway there (though you might want to jump in the shower again afterward).
11. You need to get to sleep. Having trouble sleeping? Have some sex first. It might take a little longer than brewing some chamomile tea (well, hopefully it does), but studies show that sex right before bed can allow for deeper, more restful sleep.
12. You're horny. There is no better reason to have sex than just being super horny. Follow your heart, or I guess in this case, your genitals.
13. Your hair is so flat and dull right now. Sex can actually help your skin, nails, and hair, so think of it like a free blowdry without someone aggressively massaging your scalp (and also, you orgasm).
14. There's nothing on TV and now you have no idea what to do with your evening. Is it finally that time of year when you don't feel like you have to watch everything on TV before it gets ruined on Twitter? Can you even remember the last time you didn't rush through sex so you could watch Game of Thrones before that one Facebook friend could post about it? Take some time and remember what it feels like to have sex when it's not primetime season.
15. It's a great way to get some bonding time in. Having sex generates oxytocin, a chemical that promotes that warm and fuzzy love feeling. So if you're annoyed at your partner for not unloading the dishwasher, sex will help you get over it fast.
16. Your heat is broken. Work up a sweat and then cuddle afterward. What do you think people did all the time before the invention of central air?
17. You really need a win. If things haven't been going your way lately, some good sex is a nice little checkmark in your "wins" column.