1. You have more memories and stories with this person than anyone else - which is probably why everyone else rolls their eyes when you start a sentence with: “this one time on our gap year…” . Yes you’re going to hate becoming those people, but it's worth it.
2. With memories come the inside jokes, the many many inside jokes… unfortunately your other friends aren’t in on them... so cue more eye rolls.
3. But who cares about eye rolls when your Instagram game is so good? You're probably still living off the #ThrowbackThursdays tbh, even if you did get back from backpacking so long ago.
4. You’ve completely mastered the candid photoshoot; your best friend’s best angles are your best angles, and this is a talent that will undoubtedly serve you both together for life. Wedding photographer, anyone?
**5. You never thought you’d fight about who can make what their profile picture – but you both know the one with the elephant will get more likes!!
6. It got passive aggressive whilst you were away more than once… but you’re closer than ever because of it. Friends that travel together – stay together.
7. And when we say 'passive aggressive', we actually mean you wanted to tear each other's hair out on more than one occasion. It's true that you take out your emotions on those closest to you, though.
8. You've probably seen each other do unthinkable things, which also means you have to stay friends forever - namely because you wouldn't want that story getting out to mutuals. Agh.
9. You stopped judging each other a long time ago. Around the time your BFF started wearing bikini bottoms every day instead of pants, actually.
10. You will always be 100 per cent comfortable around each other, because you've mastered the art of a silence that isn't awkward.
11. You started merging into the same person whilst you were away, and it's sort of been that way ever since. From saying the same things, to wearing each other’s clothes: the sync up becomes very real.
12. With that came the fact that if you ever lost sight of them for a minute, you started mentally writing their eulogy. Now you basically have to chat every day to feel normal.
13. You now know your BFF better than you ever thought you could. Inside out, like the back of your hand and even as well as you know yourself.
14. When that song comes on and you're taken down backpacking memory lane. Cue the “this one time on my gap year…”
15. Your mutual friends are a crazy selection of people from all over the world that will lead to many nights of Facebook stalking and drunkenly laughing at (sorry but it's true) further down the line.
16. Every now and again you meet up will the sole purpose of crying about how tanned you were, whilst skimming through photos and hugging your backpacks.
Via: Cosmopolitan UK